JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    3rd Gear

Status

SAME OLD QUESTION

Here i am again spending more cash after just sorting 1 problem out. Now that i seem to of got remap sorted atlast. my old n75 valve has more rust on it than a skip. so do buy direct replacement or N75J? this bin asked so many times but does anyone here have a 1.8 t aeb WITH n75j on there car. does it increase power or what because cost wise there nothing between the two really? im concerned because i have read that some cars do increase in power but after a bit the ecu adapts and goes back to normal?
    Modified primera :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Mine has a "j" on it and it picks the boost up by a PSi or so and slightly changes the boost delivery.

Its hard to say what its like at the moment as i have killed the car,lol But its deffo a difference i can feel

2nd Gear

Status
    What are the symptons when this is faulty ??
    A4 Avant 1.8T Sport (183 bhp).

6th Gear

Status
    Mine has loads of rust on it but still works fine.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    the rust is only on the bracket as rest of it is plastic, i think you should keep everything as is for now, as you have sorted your problems, now enjoy.

n75j valve can/does give a greater pickup on the boost and also sometimes a slightly higher boost.

the advice from expert tuners is to keep the standard valve in there, that is what your map has been designed around. n75j valves can sometimes cause the car to hit it's boost cut. also you want to make sure you don't over boost without enough fuelling/incorrect timing. so if you have any other boost related issues you have introduced a potential problem, thus making fault finding a greater issue.

whether you get one is upto you though.

now on mine, i have introduced a mechanical bleed valve just after the n75c (standard) valve to raise boost pressure. I MUST WARN YOU, that this is done at your own risk, you have to be sensible here!, i have spent money on getting my engine mechanicals up to handle extra BHP and have lower compression pistons which will help reduce chance of pinking. but my fueling maybe out and i may blow a hole in a piston. hence you do it at your own risk.

to some up though i think i would save the money, and maybe save for a k04 in the future, then remap for that. you could see 240bhp probably and that should be enough to keep you happy for a while.
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

3rd Gear

Status
    MIGHT treat myself to a j valve AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I let you all know.
    Modified primera :-)