330 BHP A4 Ebay

Hi,

Didn't sell it - standard Quattro Sports are going for around £3,500 to £4,000 on Autotrader and this has had another £25,000 plus spent on it over the time I've had it. The logic is there - to buy an A4 and do the work would be I recon a minimum of £3,500 plus what £6,000 for a BT conversion (and that's ignoring the rest of the work thats been done on the car) so selling for under £3,000 didn't make sense.

I expect I need to find the right audience...if anyone knows someone who would be interested please drop me an IM.

Cheers,

Greg

Unfortunately, modified cars DO lose a fair bit of money, come resale time. Modified cars tend to appeal to a narrower audience. Regardless of how much you've spent on it.

My car so far, has cost £7,000 in OEM RS4 parts, £2,100 in wheels and tyres, £420 in suspension, £400 S8 Brembo calipers, £3,000 in bodywork labour / paint.

But realistically, I won't get anywhere near that amount if I ever wanted to sell her. I've also just purchased an S8 4.2 V8 motor for £900 delivered, yet to fit.

The best I can advise with a modified car, is to enjoy her, drive her till the wheels fall off. Not very likely with an Audi, or find someone in the narrow market your car appeals to, and then you're most likely to get close to what you want, in terms of price.

Good luck!

Hi,

Didn't sell it - standard Quattro Sports are going for around £3,500 to £4,000 on Autotrader and this has had another £25,000 plus spent on it over the time I've had it. The logic is there - to buy an A4 and do the work would be I recon a minimum of £3,500 plus what £6,000 for a BT conversion (and that's ignoring the rest of the work thats been done on the car) so selling for under £3,000 didn't make sense.

I expect I need to find the right audience...if anyone knows someone who would be interested please drop me an IM.

Cheers,

Greg

Considering you can buy an S4 of the same age for about 7k, you'd be lucky to get 4.5-5k i would've thought.

I've been offered £4,500 and a guy is considering £5,000 as we speak - I think finding the right buyer is the key. I'll let you know if it goes :)

I think that would be it's top money but if someone is actually considering a conversion it makes for a pretty good deal.

Good luck! :icon_thumright:

20k for 330bhp?? looks like he's changed everything I suppose that was built to last

On a slightly different note, how does a B5 with a 4.2 compare to a 2.7T with equal BHP? Is the engine heavier or lighter with the use of alloys? What difference is there to handling?

The 4,2L V8 is lighter than a fully dressed 2,7L V6 Biturbo.

With a 1,5L advantage, it'll have the edge, with low-down grunt the V6 won't match.

No substitute for cubic inches.

With a good suspension set-up, it'll handle as well as the slightly shorter, but heavier V6.

But I am guessing that the increased displacement means more internal friction due to the more contact area between rings and sleeves and, therfore, less MPG?

25k!!i could have built something with 1500bhp for that money,a 2.7tt with correct mods does slaughter a v8 rs4,i tried it earlier:whistle2:

We're talking a V8 and V6 with similar outputs, and similar modifications applied.

The extra cc's will have the edge. The laws of physics says so.

Sure, an RS4 V8 is 420, and a modified Biturbo V6 is a different issue, and power output could vary.

Turbo power delivery is very different to N/A. So, a direct comparison would be an RS6 Biturbo with stock 450PS, and a modified RS4 Biturbo with the same output.

The smaller V6 will need at least an extra 30PS to have a definite edge over the V8, as torque is a major ingredient for acelleration through the gears.

We're talking a V8 and V6 with similar outputs, and similar modifications applied.

The extra cc's will have the edge. The laws of physics says so.

Sure, an RS4 V8 is 420, and a modified Biturbo V6 is a different issue, and power output could vary.

Turbo power delivery is very different to N/A. So, a direct comparison would be an RS6 Biturbo with stock 450PS, and a modified RS4 Biturbo with the same output.

The smaller V6 will need at least an extra 30PS to have a definite edge over the V8, as torque is a major ingredient for acelleration through the gears.
thats true,not sure on my torque output yet but from a rolling start in second with an extra 100 odd bhp more than the rs4 v8,he was well behind,3rd gear even more so

thats true,not sure on my torque output yet but from a rolling start in second with an extra 100 odd bhp more than the rs4 v8,he was well behind,3rd gear even more so

That's the very point I'm trying to get across. So, your car's about 520PS.

RS4 V8 = 420PS
S4 V6 = 520PS-odd

Hardly comparable really. Almost like comparing a stock RS4 B5 to an A8.

RS4 V6 2,7L 30V biturbo = 380PS
A8 V8 4,2L 40V, n/asp. = 300PS

Now, this is a bit different...

RS4 V6 2,7L 30V biturbo, modified = 460PS
RS6 V8 4,2L 40V biturbo, standard = 450PS

In the above examples, no way will the RS4 'slaughter' the RS6, the hypothetical 10PS advantage the RS4 has over the RS6, even combined with the lighter weight advantage will not give the RS4 the edge.

Torque rules, not to be confused with diesel torque, due to the derv engine's limited rev range.

That's the very point I'm trying to get across. So, your car's about 520PS.

RS4 V8 = 420PS
S4 V6 = 520PS-odd

Hardly comparable really. Almost like comparing a stock RS4 B5 to an A8.

RS4 V6 2,7L 30V biturbo = 380PS
A8 V8 4,2L 40V, n/asp. = 300PS

Now, this is a bit different...

RS4 V6 2,7L 30V biturbo, modified = 460PS
RS6 V8 4,2L 40V biturbo, standard = 450PS

In the above examples, no way will the RS4 'slaughter' the RS6, the hypothetical 10PS advantage the RS4 has over the RS6, even combined with the lighter weight advantage will not give the RS4 the edge.

Torque rules, not to be confused with diesel torque, due to the derv engine's limited rev range.
torque does indeed rule and the rs6 has bucket loads,mind you audi i5 engines can give out huge torque figures with the right set up

agree with you Siena would rather have NA than turbo and the weight difference on a ally block is great, but the 2.7 is much stronger and can have enormous output, and the torque curve for it can be altered to give it an advantage, on k03's it has a lot of low down grunt.

I have had big cubes in a buick before currently downsized to 5.0, with fuel prices probably take another step down , so yes I know the imense torque low down, but little turbo's fill the cylinders surprisingly quick on small capacity

not trying to take away from anything you have said, I've read your 4.2 conversion and you obviously know your stuff