Sport....

Mr K

Reaction score
Am i right in thinking that a 'T sport' is just the same sports kit that was available on all the other range as an extra cost option? parkers guide lists '1.8T sports' as a model in its own right, and not just an A4 1.8T with the sports option; hence i was wondering if the 'sports kit' was any different?

secondly, what where the extras in the sports kit? my 1.9TDI has:
16" wheels
lowerd stiffer shocks and springs
bigger stiffer front anti roll bar
sports leather steering wheel
different ratio steering rack.

nickkeyser said:
Am i right in thinking that a 'T sport' is just the same sports kit that was available on all the other range as an extra cost option? parkers guide lists '1.8T sports' as a model in its own right, and not just an A4 1.8T with the sports option; hence i was wondering if the 'sports kit' was any different?

secondly, what where the extras in the sports kit? my 1.9TDI has:
16" wheels
lowerd stiffer shocks and springs
bigger stiffer front anti roll bar
sports leather steering wheel
different ratio steering rack.

The 1.8T sport was quattro and 180bhp standard sport shocks and springs (20mm lower than standard) but you could upgrade the sport package to Recaro seats and radio if you wanted.

I have a 1.8T Sport but its a fwd no quattro !!

You can get a sport model on pretty much any of the range, it was certainly nothing to do with quattro, just sports suspension IIRC

docurley said:
The 1.8T sport was quattro and 180bhp standard sport shocks and springs (20mm lower than standard) but you could upgrade the sport package to Recaro seats and radio if you wanted.
Mine is a 1.8t Sport but not a quattro

From what i can remember from my 1.8Ts FWD
Suspension lower and stiffer
Sports Steering wheel
Sports seats
thats about it i think

it appears you can have sports kit on any of the range, like my 1.9tdi for example, but parkers list the 1.8T sport as a spec in its own right, and not just a 1.8T with the sports option ticked:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/audi/a4-saloon-1995.aspx?page=7

1.8 T Sport 4d
1.8 T Sport 4d Auto
1.8 T quattro Sport 4d
weirdly the 1.8T isnt listed under being available as an SE either?

i was really just wondering if there where any sporty upgrades on the T sport that would make a nice upgrade for my 'D sport' :p but it sounds like they are two of the same; except the extra 40-70hp depending on where you look.

The 1.8T Sport came with 17" alloys not 16" as on your tdi !!

my v5 document lists cars as 1.8t sport and 1.8t quattro sport, so these must be actual model names given by audi, but sport pack would have been an option on any car, sport seats, stiffer sus, 3 spoke wheel etc... 1.8ts has 16" alloys 1.8tqs have 17"s