Where to get MAF from for my AEB

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Looks like my MAF is finally shafted. If I drive on part throttle the car behaves. As soon as I open the throttle and hit 0.7bar the car starts to missfire like a pig.

I'm pretty much resigned to having to replace the unit now but keep getting quotes of £185+ for it. Seems a bit steep. Guy at the local VW parts place says they are very rare to go wrong which kind of goes against what just about everybody else has told me.

Is there an alternative part or upgrade that I can use?

I got mine from euro car parts for about £80 (genuine bosch).

there are 2 for the AEB depends on the ECU you are running, one is around £80 and the other is the expensive one. I learnt the hard way, but make sure you buy a genuine one, as the ebay copies are **** ( in a word) i tried 2 and finaly resorted to buying an OE one as both the copies exibited different characteristics, none of the right

Euro Car Parts are quoting at £209 + VAT based on my number plate. :(

Think I'll exhaust all other avenues before I pay out for that little number. Will be gutted if I part with that sort of money and it doesn't sort anything.

try audi dealership as they do them exchange and you know you got the right one then.

You must need the early one then 0280 217 112, thats the dear one sadly. Do you know what ECU you have fitted? As you may find the later/cheaper one will work

The part number given to me buy my Audi spares place going from the reg plate was 0280 217 112. How do I go about finding out which ECU I have? Whip the ECU cover off and look for a etching or sticker?

Noticed last night on whipping the plugs out that they are very white which would lead me to think th eengine is either running very very lean or the plugs are too hot adn I should be using a colder plug. They were an uprated plug from my local motorfactors and I've never been sure they were the right ones. Wondering if it's worth buying some cheapy boggo plugs to sling in and see what happens.

Can go right off cars you know.

Easiest way is to look on the top, or use VAG to read it. if its 557t its the dear one if its 558 its the cheaper one

i just checked with audi they DO NOT do one exchanged for aeb engines only for later ones i was qouated about £230.00 +vat!!!!!!!!

On a 96 it is the expensive one as it has the older ECU in it, thats what the problem you had with the ECU types and the dealy in the "chipping". The older one isnt as responsive as the later one,i remember some of the problems had by an old forum user madkebab in getting a good ecu tune.

If the turbo has to bome off for the actuator, as Docourley says can you upgrade the turbo perhaps?

maybe have too at later date but dont have the spondolies at mo. got respray, tinted windows and brakes to sort.