Snub Mount

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi there,

i'm having a lot of drivetrain slop and i want to change the snub mount for an uprated one, can anyone recommend somewhere in the UK that does them?

ive heard good things about 034 motorsport but they dont seem to have a UK distributor :(

Thanks

Kevin

I got mine from Awesome GTI less than a £20 if i remember correctly.

DSC00321.JPG

yo i noticed that in your thread but i'm not sure it will fit my engine?

my car has an AEB motor, and i think its mount is more just a round thing?

awesome gti dont seem to list it for the B5 and your mount is listed under B6...

Thats the exact same engine as mine mate and the one i removed was a small round rubbish doughnut :)

awesome.

I'll have to give them a call and get one ordered up. I presume you ordered over the phone instead of using their website?

Front of engine stops the engine from sloshing about.

DSC00326.JPG

been on the phone to them a few times over the last few days and they really dont seem to know what the hell im on about.

They say they have the B6 part listed but nothing for a B5.

neuspeed themselves dont list a B5 part on their website either, but since they are american and only do 1997> cars its not an ideal site to use as i'm sure the 1997> cars have different mountings?

Markey, do you have a pic of the part of the engine the mount attaches to? so i can compare it to mine before i go and buy this? Also do you have the part number of the mount itself?

cheers

am i right in thinking, when im cruising along, and shut the throttle a bits my gearstick moves a little, i can feel movement too, same when i get back on the throttle it moves a little,

really annoying.

this mount? would it cure that? or do i have a diffenrent problem
mine is a 2wd v6 avant

am i right in thinking, when im cruising along, and shut the throttle a bits my gearstick moves a little, i can feel movement too, same when i get back on the throttle it moves a little,

really annoying.

this mount? would it cure that? or do i have a diffenrent problem
mine is a 2wd v6 avant

Should go some way to correcting it, yes. Couple this with the DTS and you are on to a winner.

mine makes a noticable thud when lifting off or accellerating. Kinda like th feeling you'd get if something heavy was rolling around in the boot but coming from the front. Gearstick moves quite a bit too, but the thud is rather annoying as it makes the drive seem very harsh.

i presume its a similar issue though, just that my snub mount is likely more dead than yours

Drive Train Stabiliser

Not sure what exactly it is though. must bolt to the chassis and to the transmission but what or where exactly im not sure. Have a search...

Its Neuspeed Engine Toruqe Damper, PART: # 22.02.43