F*@@?: car jacks

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
got a flat on sunday morning so blew the tyre up, drove home potterd around for a bit went out to the car and the rear tyre is down again, got the spare out, put the jack under lifted the car turned round to ge tht ewhell key and the ****** jack slipped dropping the car and pushing its self through the skirt splitting it and stretching the door trim beyond repair. Luckly no one was under the car and no one was hurt, so nee to ge tthe skirt plastic welded and repainted and buy a new door trim, the jack is now in a field somehwere behind my house, still dont know why it slipped the ground was dry and level.

so please be careful guys

*edit* anyone know where i can get a S4 door trim from? rear drivers side

Same thing happened to me, luckily the wheel was still on and the jack didn't damage anything. It seems you really need to chock the front wheels as any movement, no matter how small, can be catastrophic, even putting the car in gear still provides enough movement for the jack to tilt.

This happenned to me too, with my MkV golf was so gutted it qued histerical punching of my tarmac driveway. Had some warranty to claim on other paitwork issue from an accident damage repair so they filled and resprayed the pierced sill (FOC) at the same time and you can only just tell if you already know about it.

Buy a trolley jack and some axle stands if you're ever going to be underneath the car!

D'oh!

have got both of those but was just changin a puncture on the ****** thing, lucky the skirt is the only damage no sill damage

never use standard jacks that come with cars unless absolute emergency, use a good trolley jack and some axle stands everytime.

i do feel for you though, as i have had a car slip of a crap trolley jack before.

Sorry to hear about that mate.Learn from your mistake and do as macca says get yourself down to halfords and get a trolley jack and stands.

trolley jack is worth its weight, but when i am using the normal car jacks u always put the wheel i have just taken off under the car for extra saftey.

Glad you were not hurt mate that could have been nasty.

Just booked it in for the weekend to get the skirt removed and repaired, need to track and door trim down the section along the bottom that sits on top of the skirt, any ideas??

Biglockie said:
Just booked it in for the weekend to get the skirt removed and repaired, need to track and door trim down the section along the bottom that sits on top of the skirt, any ideas??

I think i got min from vag parts not that expesnive.

This also happened to me – the car was balancing on the front disc!!!! Thankfully
all is still okay!

absolute nightmare mate. Only ever used mine in emergency and had to watch like a hawk. Could see as it lifted the foot moving and twisting

Ouch..... I had something similar happen to me but I was lucky as I had put the wheel under the car so no damage and need less to say I bought something a little be more heavy duty.

Try and get a trolley jack with a rubber pad on the saddle, doesn't remove any paint from the sill, which encourages rust.

Just ordered a trolley jack online and investing in a set of run flats. I had luckly left the wheel on the car with two bolts still in so it didnt land on the floor just the jack slipped into the skirt. My missus came out just after it happened, as the jack way flying into the back field and made the age old mistake of saying "At least your ok ITS ONLY A CAR AFTER ALL" i went for a walk immediatly and returned about a half hour later LOL

Biglockie said:
"At least your ok ITS ONLY A CAR AFTER ALL" i went for a walk immediatly and returned about a half hour later LOL

PMSL women just dont know do they....

drop one of their lipsticks down the loo and then see what their reaction is....

Dropped her mobile down the loo after a few beers, acidentlly of course that caused a war

I'll check the stealers fella might be worth it if its that cheap