Chris NottBadger5

Thread: N75 J or H ??

5th Gear

Status

N75 J or H ??

Seen on ebay someone selling N75 valves with part no: 034906283H

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=022

he is labeling them as RACE valve
    Has anyone any idea if these are any better than the N75J valves?

I was running a J with good results but caught it and snapped the pipes connectors off so am going to have to replace it.

was not sure if this would permit more boost? any ideas or has anyone tried these?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    i had a j valve on mine and it caused me huge problems not controlling boost etc........but alot of people on here do use them without a problem
    Modified primera :-)

5th Gear

Status
    i have used a j valve for a while with good results. Wondered if this other one would allow more boost?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

3rd Gear

Status
    i think a lot of maps still have the boost limit set to standard factory settings or something, my chipped uk map won't boost above 14psi at all. even with boost controller attached. some others i thik must lift it as people say they see upto 18psi, which i would love to get. though i guess my ko3 may struggle.
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

6th Gear

Status
    Audi supplied me with 058 906 283F. the one removed was a C.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco
    Audi supplied me with 058 906 283F. the one removed was a C.
    Did it seem to run any better (or worse) over the original?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

3rd Gear

Status
    G60LEIGH what psi are you getting jsut had my aeb a4 remapped jsut peaking at 11psi

5th Gear

Status
    with the n75 j fitted (i snapped it last week so am on old one till i replace it) i was gettin 13-14 psi. (getting about 11 with old one)

2001 S3 (AMK)

3rd Gear

Status
    so why am i sooooooooooooooooooo low on psi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it sa brand new remap

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g60leigh
    Did it seem to run any better (or worse) over the original?
    No different although I don't seem to get a lot of boost, typically only about 8-10psi

5th Gear

Status
    decided to stick with what I know, going to order a new N75j tomorrow

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    Well if anybody live in the SE area boarders of Kent I have a J valve just floating around my engine bay that you can have for a drink and your old one if you want to meet up as I run a EBC and I only have it plugged in to not throw a code.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

5th Gear

Status
    how about if i post mine down to you with a beer token? Going on holiday so car can sit
    Would my snapped one do to stop you getting error code? You can have that anyway if it helps you? Its all there and should glue together.
    Last edited by g60leigh; 3rd March 2008 at 17:34.

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    hmm wonder if EBC would be better?? how much work are they fitting/setting up docurly?

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    I took me a while to get mine running right but then I did not know much about them but the install easy.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Dave, what EBC you running??

Status
    Greddy Profec B II
    Last edited by docurley; 3rd March 2008 at 23:58.

3rd Gear

Status
    dave -

so can you just take the n75 valve out and leave it plugged in electronically, then attach a EBC and everything works ok?

i thought the n75 had to be taken out of the equation with a special remap?

just askign as my n75 is knackered and i might as well oust the manual bleed valve for an apexi EBC or something.

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

Status
    Yep you take it out the loop and just have it plugged in to the electrics stop engine codes. As for remapping I'm thinking of plugging it back in then remove it after and plug the EBC (Electronic Boost controller) back in but I will let the tuners tell me what’s best.

3rd Gear

Status
    thanks dave, i'll give one a go., now to find wiring diagram for my ecu etc

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by macca
    thanks dave, i'll give one a go., now to find wiring diagram for my ecu etc
    Why do you need that as the EBC reads boost and then allows you to reset when your boost comes and how much based on how much boost the engine produces and trys to meet your needs.

The only time you would tap in to the ECU is when you use a piggback system or Standalone but then you would remove the ECU.

3rd Gear

Status
    my orginal n75 is rusty as hell but how would i know it faulty? would my n75 cause lower psi? and then do i repalce with normal n75 or get a n75j? as i got remap and it aint right at all!

Status
    If it is not working correctly it will cause boost issues. There are cases of the J valve causing issues but in most they have worked fine.

If you have not replaced N75 valve I would with either the same or the J as you have very little to loose and had you been in London I would have swapped you mine and helped you fit it as the J can be a little bit of a pain to fit.

3rd Gear

Status
    well ive already fitted a n75j before yes a pain but then i sort of sold it because i thought the j valve was causing the problems........it wasnt.......... my fault i know my loss