should i get this car?

Cory

Reaction score
Website
www.msn.com
hey im new here and would just like everyone's voice on this. I'm looking into buying a 1998 Audi A4 2.8 with 68K for $9900. Is this a good deal? I want to mod the car and make it pretty quick can i do this with the 2.8? Do they have alot of Performance mods avaible for it and do they have alot of cosmetic mods for the car? Would you get it over the 1.8? I'm trying to figure out if i should buy it or not because i def want to mod the car. thanks

From what i have heard, if you want to mod an A4 you should go with the 1.8T instead of the 2.8. Even though the 1.8 has only 150hp apposed to the 2.8's 190, the fact that you said that you wanted to do mods to your future car, i personally would go with the 1.8T. Also from what i have heard, you can supercharge the 2.8 but how much hp in would produce i don't know. I have a 1.8 and from what i have seen, i have seen more possiblities with my engine than the 2.8.

About the car you are thinking about buying, is it manual or auto? Is it a Quattro or FWD?

True you have more options in tuning a 1.8T and they are great performers just by adding a chip. The 2.8 30v can be Supercharged (I have just bought SC for my car) giving you a shade under 300bhp the 1.8T would require a lot of money to get into that realm and prob not be has reliable.

I like both cars and was in the market for a 1.8T before a bought my 2.8Q, my choice was based on the fact that the 2.8 had 195bhp has standard was more equipped and would be quite quick in standard form unlike the 1.8T. Yes, I was always going to tune the car and this nearly swayed me towards the 1.8T has there is very little for the 2.8 30v and next to nothing for the 2.8 12v. It was only the PES supercharger kit that swayed me in the end.

Hope this helped.

Oh yes, only get the Quattro if your thinking of doing a lot of mods.

The price is good for the car because KBB(kelly blue book) was saying it was worth around 12K, but like docurley said, i would go for a Quattro.

Docurley how much did the SC set you back?