opinions?

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
Was just havin a play with a few pics and was thinkin that maybe a B7 style quad exit would work on the B5, not sure if it'll be possible yet as space is a bit tight but I'm sure I've seen it done on an A4 before. Just thought I'd pop the pic up and see what people thought. Fancied summit OEM looking but a bit different. Obviously be made with bigger tailpipes but only had standard pics at the time.

Please forgive the state of the car, she's a bit dirty but what can you do at this time of year other than clean every other day!

Anyway here's my rough attempt, you get the idea. Must admit I quite like it, anyone else?

[URL="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/stapo69/quadexit.jpg"][/URL]

i like the look and when i got mine made at mij we toyed with the idea of doing this, bt as you said it very tight for space on that side, and the other thing that put me off was having to cut the rear valance, as the other side curves in under the car and this side wouldnt look quite the same, so didnt want to risk it not looking right afterwards

Well I was gonna go to MIJ for mine so I'll have a word and get there thoughts when I go. Have a better look under the car see what they suggest. Thinking with bigger tailpipes tucked up tighter to the valance it would hide any differences.

I did something similair with a quad Milltek here - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44655

I liked it, although I know a lot of the purists won't. Something i'll never do though as there is a long list of things where the money could be better spent.

There is a bloke over on RS246 called Ross Hyslop who's done this to his S4 avant, although it's a single pipe out of each backbox.

Found the one on rs246, proves that it can be done space wise, but not sure on his oval pipes.

Plus doesn't quite work with his rear valance I don't think with the larger black section.

I see what you mean about the purists! Man them guys don't like change!
I'm still liking the idea quite a bit though now I know it can be done, gonna stick with the 4 pipes, fits better i.m.o. Just gotta find the time and get it booked now!

I'm going quads on my car too. I've got a guy I use, he's built every stainless system on all my conversions.

Great minds.....looks like you've just gotta decide which engine they'll be connected too! It's a hard life!

Looking like they'll be connected to a 4.2 V8.