Diverter Valve for 1.8TS... part number anyone?

brixo

Reaction score
Website
www.neilbriscoe.co.uk
Well, after having my ECU remapped, the performance increase was awesome - recommend to anyone with a 1.8T - do it! Major difference was the noise from the engine, on slow acceleration I am hearing the turbo, but when caning it, it screams a nice high pitched noise. I don't know whether I am getting used to it, but it seems to not be as fast as before... oh well.

What I want to know is the Audi part number for the Diverter Valve for my motor, it's engine code is AEB, but when I rang the Audi main dealers (both Reading and Slough), they didn't have a clue what I was talking about! I want to replace this as the car has 93K on it and would like to make sure the turbo is happy all around, especially with the new ECU.

So, because of Reading Audi and Aston Green Audi being useless, I need to find the Audi Part number before they can quote... anyone help me??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Well - Bosch 710N now bought...! £17 inc delivery - bargain!

Now... anyone got any pictures or decent instructions on how to fit it??! Got the hump with Audi, so want to fit it myself [but not make an @r$e of it!]...

Cheers all.

Well, for starters, I will try find the original...!

By looking at the amount of room down the left hand side of the engine bay [LHS when looking from the front], is it going to be a cut and grazed arms, broken fingers, swearing intensely type of job??!!!

This isn't as easy as on the later models as the diverter valve is located deep down near to the turbo. I have just replaced mine and it took a couple of hours as it was hard to get to many of the jubilee clips. Best bet is to take the air intake pipe out. You can then just about get to it. I did the whole job from above but it may be as easy to drop the sump cover and do from underneath.

If it's not too late, the easiest way for me to get at my DV was to take off the bottom plastic piece of the bumper. Once you get that off, The DV is almost exposed. I also tried getting at it from the top, but after much trying and struggling, I just couldn't get the leverage I needed to get the tubes off the old DV. Once I pulled that bottom part of the bumper off, it took me all of 10 minutes.
Good luck!

ps I have a 1998 1.8t also, so it should be identical to yours.
-Brad

Lovely. A job for the weekend. I will try the "from the bottom" approach, I am a little ham fisted and will end up with cut arms and probably breaking something critical.

Thanks guys for all the advice!

Please let us know if you notice any change in performance after you fit the new valve! Cheers.