Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: More Boost

5th Gear

Status

More Boost

Hi peeps
    as you will probably have seen from my other posts I am on the illustrious hunt for more power...again

I currently have:
    AEB 1.8t, Revo Remap, Forge 007 recirc valve, N75j valve, K&N panel filter in standard box, Jamex stainless exhaust.

I am toying with the idea of front mount intercooler, but after posting on here it seems like I am low on boost? I am running about 12- 13psi

Any ideas on how to up the boost??

Cheers again

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Get it custom remapped. The safest way to increase the boost IMHO.

If you want to do it the savage way, you could always tweak the N75 screw. I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but it would give you more boost.
    Mo power, mo problems

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Thunder

If you want to do it the savage way, you could always tweak the N75 screw. I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but it would give you more boost.
    N75 screw??

Do you mean the actuator rod??

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4
    N75 screw??

Do you mean the actuator rod??
    Nope. The screw on the N75.
    Mo power, mo problems

5th Gear

Status
    where is the screw on the N75? does it involve dismantling it?
    Would an electronic standalone boost controller do it?

6th Gear

Status
    There's a screw on the N75 which can be turned about 180 degrees. Turn it a little anti-clockwise and you can raise peak boost, but it will alter your boost curve and is not recommended.

A stand alone boost controller would also do it, but as one of the guys on here has found out, you are in danger of setting the boost too high so that your fueeling can't keep up, leading to lean running, high EGT's and a melted turbo!

I'm sure you can get a custom remap for much the same price as an MBC. You know it's the best way to go!

Also, boost isn't the be all and end all. Timing is as (if not more) important.
    Mo power, mo problems

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Ah that i didnt know, maybe i can change my surging characteristics. Timing is how we seem to do it over here, but the yanks set the boost to ludicrus values IMO i have seen daily drivers runnig 23 psi on K03 turbos and more on k04's

Born to Fish

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Thunder

Whoooaaa i can see your pistons flowing down your exhaust pipes

Proper way only or the result could kill your cylinders as said above i wouldn't recommend it

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

It must only be certain N75's anyway as none of the ones i have here have a screw on them I have a "c" and a "j"

A remap is so affordable now anyway, and then you get some kind of warrenty/comeback etc. I had mine done for £250 (twice)and was very happy with the results

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g60leigh
    Hi peeps
    as you will probably have seen from my other posts I am on the illustrious hunt for more power...again

I currently have:
    AEB 1.8t, Revo Remap, Forge 007 recirc valve, N75j valve, K&N panel filter in standard box, Jamex stainless exhaust.

I am toying with the idea of front mount intercooler, but after posting on here it seems like I am low on boost? I am running about 12- 13psi

Any ideas on how to up the boost??

Cheers again
    Dont touch the NC75 pls !!!!!!

Just go to your revo dealer.. See what boost and timing settings its running.

You may well be able to run a bot more boost on the map you have now

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    thanks mate. Will give them a call. I was under the impression that i was limited ou remap as the dealer had to replace my chip to map it. I have a throttle cable and am not dbw. Wonder if it will be cheaper now i have paid to have ecu modded to take plug in chip?
    Last edited by g60leigh; 27th February 2008 at 08:11.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion