Badger5Sky Insurance
    All hail the mighty quattro!

Status

Rear knocking. Any ideas?

My S4 has developed an annoying knocking noise on the rear passenger side. This is really starting to p@#s me off now, I can't find anything wrong! I'm running FK coilovers, I've replaced all the worn bushes, there's absolutely no movement in the suspension at all, just flew through its MOT, the ARB is perfectly fine, the exhaust isn't catching, there's no worn/shiney marks/dirt rubbed off anywhere, nothing loose in the boot, but still over small bumps/potholes there is something that sounds like its real loose, rattling knockey noise, but at speed/over nice smooth bumps there's nothing. I'm at my whits end, there's nothing left to change that I can find that could be a problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Anything at all? The only thing that I can think of is a knackered shock, could this cause it? Even though there's no leaks from the damper, the piston still moves nice and slow in and out like I'd expect and there's no sagging. Help!!!!!
    Last edited by stapo69; 20th February 2008 at 17:58.
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

2. # ADS
    ADS

NEVER ENOUGH

Status
    My rear brake caliper had ceased up which in turn caused a knocking noise.

I also had this problem at the front too much movement within the ball joint. Consequently the car failed its MOT test!
    Last edited by robbie5; 20th February 2008 at 19:22.
    S4 AVANT(325BHP & 370lb/ft)
    MRC remap > Miltek Cat Back > 19" split rims > RS4 grill > RS4 silver rails > Silver mirrors > Full Cream leather Recaros > B6 steering wheel > RS4 gear knob > Eibach springs > K&N filter

RS4 (standard at the moment)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, did you find what the knocking noise was?? I have the same but only just replaced the shocks in eibach pro street.. help!!