Something just aint right...

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
Hi guys, its been a while since I last visited with the home move and waiting on broadband connection to be activated.
Well after all the drama of January, I recently took delivery of my audi from the repair center. But something is just not right, my fuel usage has shot through the roof, its gone from 30-33mpg down to 25-27mpg. I was wondering if the impact on the drivers wing has damaged the MAF, everything else is superb.
The repair centre done a great job on the front wing, theyve replaced the whole suspension and even a new driveshaft and alloy wheel. She is super smooth on the front end now but Im dissappointed on the fuel usage front. Anyone think that the MAF could of been damaged by the idiot who reversed his 4x4 into my drivers wing???

My journey to work is shorter by about one and half miles, average usage is still the same for going around town, but even on the motorway the car is struggling to keep the mpg at around 30-32 (@70mph), it used to be up in the 35-37mpg on motorway usage and 29-32 around the town. Also there is also a smell of fuel coming from the exhaust at times (noticed while waiting for my wife after work. It may just be down to her sitting for 5 weeks while being repaired and Im just fussing at nothing.
I may just give her a long runout when I finish off some more jobs around the house.

If the car was sat around, especially if the battery had been disconnected, the ECU will have to re-learn everything again, so yeah, it may take a while for your fuel consumption to sort itself out.
It took 3 or 4 tank fulls on my Alfa after an ECU reset.