Water leak

Reaction score
The carpet under the passenger seat/rear foot well is getting wet,ive had the hose pipe on the car and couldnt see any leaks. any idea's where its comming from ??

have you checked under the windscreen scuttle pan for blocked leaves in the drain holes,also under the battery as well

These can cause water to enter behind the glovebox and then under tye carpet to the back

Simon

I had the same prob on my 2000 s4 b5. It was a crappy push fit connection for the rear wash wipe located behind fuses in the front passenger kick panel. Re-connected it and taped it up with duct tape and its been fine. Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks for the replys everyone,i will have a look tomorrow,strange thing is though the carpet in the front footwell is dry its only under the seat and rear footwell that gets wet !!!

it runs in though the airvents that are down under the passenger seat too

951 said:
Thanks for the replys everyone,i will have a look tomorrow,strange thing is though the carpet in the front footwell is dry its only under the seat and rear footwell that gets wet !!!

If thats the case then its definately coming in through the ventilation system, probably leaves stuck around the filter intake.

Also depends how far you've gone checking out how wet the carpets are. If all you've done is check them from the top, then the water collects at the back, once you lift the carpets you may find the front is wet as well, just not as much. There is an inch or so of foam under the carpet which wicks the water to the lowest point. Right PITA as you have to squeeze all the foam out to get it dry. Why Audi didn't feel the need to seal the foam so it wouldn't absorb anything god only knows. I bailed out over 5 litres when my drain holes got blocked and the carpet was only slightly wet in the rear on the carpet side.

Eventually found the cause of the water leak,it was the return valve for the rear washer jet that had snapped and was just jetting straight into the passenger foot well (front and rear)which is about 3" deep in water !!!. Seems a stupid design to have the water pipe running straight though an electrics junction box to me as well !!!

that is unusual, my 1996 model has the rear washer bottle in the side panel of the load bay would seem a bit of a backwards step if they've moved it from there!

Think they are all now supplied via the single washer bottle in the engine bay.

Yes its supplied from the front bottle,i made a bit of a mistake though as the valve which had snapped was actually for the central locking which i only found out in the dark when the car alarm wouldnt set and the door would'nt lock. The water pipe had come off still and is just to the front of the electical juncton box ,fortunatly just a push fit so all done apart from i have a swimming pool in the front of the car which i dont think was an optional extra on the sports models !!