Anyone got Koni Coilovers on an S4 or Quattro?

Blue_Thunder

Reaction score
If so, what settings do you have the dampers on and what is the ride like?

Do you need the adjusting wrench to change the ride height, or can you improvise with something else?

I got FK's but imagine they can't be too dissimilar! Don't have a specific setting but have it around 5mm from the bottom on the rear and around 2 inches from the bottom on the front...with low profile tyres the ride is pretty poor but looks the dogs you-know-whats and while I'm young and care free that's all I'm bothered about, haha!

KW v3's on a 1.8tqs
Bump (compression) set on full soft front and 7/8 soft at the back.
Rebound set to 1/4 front (slow) 1/8 back (v slow)

ride height is not super low, running 18's with about 1 inch tyre to arch lip.
mine need the c spanner and the allen key to adjust.

ride is firm but progressive. slower speeds (sub 30mph) it is verging on harsh above 35-40 and it soaks up anything, speed bumps disappear, expansion joints are a thing of the past, very stable, massive grip, sharp turn in, slight oversteer but pretty well perfect.
they are designed to soak up high speed impact and that element is not adjustable. the low speed stuff is the bit that is adjustable.

actually think they would be better on a slightly heavier car as they seems to be better matched and less harsh when the car is full of people.

well worth the money in my opinion, how it should have been from the factory

Thanks for that, that's what I was after.

Was keen to wind mine up this weekend due to the tyres hitting the arch over the smallest of bumps because the garage that fitted them dropped it really low (when I'd asked for it to be set just lower than stock).

Only problem is that I don't have a C spanner. Do you reckon Halfrauds/random local car parts store would sell these?

just one needed, what make are your coilovers?