Chipping and not telling Cont....

jiminniey2k

Reaction score
I started to write this as a reply to the previous post but then it lead onto a new subject, so:

I guess to sum it up we could say that it is possible to get away with it by being a bit crafty (having the car picked up yourself after an accident and getting a trustworthy mechanic to replace the original chip). However, you're still running a small but very critical risk if you have an accident, get found out, and this accident causes serious injuries and you end up footing the medical bills + repairs to his new Zonda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and have to leave the country...

I suppose now I have to decide if the extra power is needed enough to justify the risk. Even with the standard BHP it is still a 137mph car. It's speedy enough to overtake slow moving cars on those country roads quickly and safely.

But on the downside I cant help feeling the performance is inadequate, like i said before my mums machine, even though it looks [censored] it still has 200bhp. With all these jap cars on the roads these days it must be pushing the average bhp up, even though they look like [censored] with bits of cheap plastic all over the place. Most of them make my 150bhp seem like nothing. Have a look at this list:

http://www.motorboost.co.uk/

click on the 'Bhp Listings' try and locate the audi 1.8t (its right at the bottom a couple above the ford mondeo) I know some of the figures here are a little questionable, but as far as sports cars go (mines a 1.8t sport) it makes mine seem like a major underachiever.

hmmm, I'm open to discussion...

dont sweat it mate, there is always gonna be something faster than your car out there, even yo mamas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I noticed the Ford f150 on that list and it reminded me of a story my mate told me. He was on the M42 when he saw a new m3 speed past, right behind him was the f150. To cut a long story short the f150 done the M3 (my mate put this down to the speed limiter in the BMs (he has a bm also), and the fact that the jeep was a HarleyD F150).

I dont know if thats worse than being beaten by your mum, tough one to call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know i was in the car with one of my friends and he got beat by a normal F250. He drives some like rice rocket Honda Civic with the works done to it except for being blown.