How much lower ???

g60leigh

Reaction score
I have a 1996 A4 1.8t
and have a set of coilovers I am going to fit, I will be running them with 19 inch rims with 235 35 19 tyres.

My question is .... :)
can anyone suggest how much to lower it so I still have a useable day to day car but get the improved looks/handling

cheers guys

:icon_thumright:

I'm running 19s with the same tyres and coilovers too, I lowered it from standard ride height, this:

To this on coilovers, I couldn't tell tou how much exactly, just kept winding till it looked right, but you get an idea from the arch gap. Did roll the front arch lips slightly but have no major issues at all, takes 4 adults no problem.

DSC00154.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/stapo69/S1030045.jpg

Stapo, how stiff are your coilovers?

I've got really bad rubbing on my S4 with koni coilovers and H&R arbs set to stiff. Mine's not even as low as yours. I'm going to roll the arches, but i'm sure the tyres are rubbing on the inner arch.

To be honest the fk's aren't much stiffer than standard i.m.o. Maybe your offset is different placing your wheels further out in the arch? Different tyres maybe?

And yes Si, I meen adults in the loosest sense of the word! And your wheels aren't the only thing of yours smaller than mine! :moa:

I had mine dropped right down and the front arches kept catching, had to raise it slightly. same size tyres and wheels on mine.

i am on a tight budget so have jamex ones. anyone tried these how easy are they to adjust once fitted

jamex/vmaxx is what sitrials had fitted on his A4 pictured above. As easy to adjust as any other coilovers really, take the weight off, get the spanner on em, watch your knuckles, and then sit for hours winding, measuring, winding, measuring.........

Biglockie said:
I had mine dropped right down and the front arches kept catching, had to raise it slightly. same size tyres and wheels on mine.

thats the same for me. i had no other choice but to raise her, front bumper almost fell off. i dont know how the guy even got anywere with her running like that.

shes far better now set at 2.5inches from the bottom of coil threads upwards. runs smooth