1600 a4's ans SE vs normal

marky_g

marky_g
Reaction score
what are the 1600 a4's like?

i just rely want a black saloon and im even willing to look at 1600's its only to get me to work and back?

what are they like more problematic than 1.8's not as robust engine wise????

not as good interior spec?

ALSO:

whats the difference between at SE and non SE?

Me old man used to own a 1.6. You usually have to make it work hard (around 3600-4000rpms) to keep up with the moving traffic. It also lacks the potential to overtake cars safely.

The good side of it is it gives you excellent fuel economy. It never had DIS (Driver's Information System) so I couldn't give you the mpg figures. It's noticeably less nose heavy while cornering (especially compared to my V6) because its a much lighter engine, in addition to that and you don't have to brake as hard to slow down/stop hence less brake wear.

hum what sorta bhp are they. i mean i had a 1600 engine in my xr3i once it wasn't that bad but i guess there are rely heavy

i thik i just gotta keep looking but they money ive got is burning a whole in my pocket lol

i rely am liking the look and sound of the a4 i rekon i might try to up my budget abit see what else i can get, i think i deisel would be grate.

If I remember correctly, as far as equipment is concerned (96-97 models) The 1.6 SE had leather steering wheel and gaiter, electric sunroof and 15" alloys over the 1.6 standard. I think the 1.8 had climate control over the 1.6/1.6SE. Packages may have changed after that year.

1.6 - 101bhp.
1.8 - 125bhp.

think i better hold out for an se as well not after a sporty car

and maybe a 1.8 as well lol thanks for that info