centre armrest

Adam-D

Reaction score
my avant doe not have a centre armrest. but my dare i say it "mondeo estate" did

and to be honest i miss it.

is the anyway of retr fitting one to mine?
i mean ive looked on ebay but some of them look a bit rubbish

any help greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

You do get some genuine ones on Ebay. Just keep looking and one will turn up. Either that or pay the premium and get one from a dealer.

how does it fit?
i have a few "trays" but i havent delved into removing bits of the centre bit, so not sure what it attaches to

Adam-D said:
how does it fit?
i have a few "trays" but i havent delved into removing bits of the centre bit, so not sure what it attaches to

I'll take a look at the fitting of mine, and let you know.

Or, I'll just post up a diagram from ETKA.

You need to cut the console, a dremel and jigsaw work well here,its marked underneath if yo look closely.Well mine was.

Genuine ones do come up on ebay,as thats where mine came from

the quality speaks for it and it wont be sold by some cheap replica company, i orderd mine from a scrappy, if you do get one make sure it comes with the bracket.

All you do to fit it is cut a small recatangle out behind the hand brake and it is marked on the underside then screw it in and put it back together very simple.

Adam-D said:
how do i know wha a genuine one looks like?

The Genuine armrest has a much more squared-off lid to it, most of the repro armrests on Ebay have a much more rounded front edge to the armrest lid and don't look much like the Genuine item.....
I reckon about 90% of the Ebay armrests are non-genuine, I retro-fitted a Genuine one to mine and it was surprisingly easy, as has been posted already, once the plastic handbrake console has been removed if you turn it over the area that needs to be cut out is factory marked by a dotted line....which is easily done by a Dremel-type tool.
The reason for the cutting is to allow the metal 'foot' that supports the armrest to be bolted to the floor of the car.....

smashing, thanks, ill keep my eye out, i reckon ill look on classifieds on here for a genuine one, i dont trust ebay ones