Turbo versus Jubilee clip

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok some of you may know , i have had problems with my MAF sensor etc.I swapped them around for the umpteenth time to log them and lost sight of a small jubilee clip, any guess where it went
100_0938.jpg

So the remap of the SP51 upgrade to see what it pulls will no longer go ahead as i have destroyed the turbo.

I have however managed to rescue it by buying a K04-15 instead, so will map that instead

100_0937.jpg

For comparision purposes here are all 3 together

K03, SP51, K04-15
100_0936.jpg

Oh and decieded to buy the "right" MAF from VW to save this happening again

So cheers for the number Macca

I shed a tear when i saw that so sorry to hear it, the SP does look a little larger than the K04 as well.

Craig, yes i hope to, am waiting for details as to where to send etc

Good news, K04 is in, bad news what a ball ache cleaning the crap out of the intercooler and associated pipework etc etc.

I used a hose to flush the intercooler with after soaking it in Gunk,then dried it out with a hot air gun as best as possible,lol

So thats one turbo, 2 arms, one CV gaiter a complete clean/flush of the intake system.Oil change etc etc all done in around 7-8 hrs inc walking to local motorparts place for vacuum tubes.

Oh and the proper MAF from VW:readit:

So i am ready for my rolling road sesion.remap tomorrow.I just hope she is ok now as i cant afford any more !!!!

Ouchy on the jubilee clip wrecking the turbo but be positive in that you'll upgrading quicker than you planned

So i had her on the rollers today, and find the K03 map with a K04 turbo gave me 6 bhp . After the map, it turned out i was spinning on the rollers, so after strapping her down and 2 guys sat on the fron they tried agin. This time the ****** clutch was slipping, she drives very well but i have no idea what the output is at the moment.

So now i need a clutch, group buy anyone??????

Ouch! Gutted for you mate!

Pictures like that are why I've always thought turbos should have a screen of some sort on them. I know it'd interfere with airflow a bit, but there's got to be something manufacturers can do to prevent accidents like that!

Glad to read you got a new turbo on there though; and that the remap went well.

All you need now is that shiny new clutch and you can get the all-important numbers! :)

Regards,

Rob.