This months Criags crazy ideas boot floor chop

billybravo

Reaction score
Website
www.topgearstockport.com
Hello all as you know i love getting out the air tool and ripping the **** out of my car this week the wheel well has found its place in the skip.

ive done this for a few reasons

1, To make room for a twin exit exhaust

2, To make my boot floor flat to take a ATL Fuel Cell

3, maybe making the under car as flat as pos and to accommodate a undercar/rear defuser

4, had a little spare time on my hands and a air chizzle :D lol

Right here we are, I start by drilling all the spot weld out with an 8mm spot weld bit.

IMAGE_267.jpg

IMAGE_268.jpg

Most the floor is out just need to remove the steel from around the spot welds.

IMAGE_269.jpg

The Whole panel now out

IMAGE_271.jpg

IMAGE_272.jpg

Here ive made a brace for the new floor and to give the chassie legs a bit more strength.

IMAGE_275.jpg

IMAGE_276.jpg

New floor in welded and primed.

IMAGE_278.jpg

The floor was sealed around all joints and the brace bars before a good few coats of the good all black :)

IMAGE_281.jpg

under the car Primed sealed then stonechipped then undersealed :)

IMAGE_284.jpg

IMAGE_285.jpg

And thats that it took me around two days to complete what in store next week lol

Regards

Craig

I assume you've considered the heat shielding if you're planning to fit a flat fuel tank above that exhaust!?!

?? the fuel tank will be inside well away from any kind of heat source ? ?

soupie its our very own custom made in house at the min im using a 2.5 with one of our small boxes at the rear.

That's some serious modification! Tidy job mate :thumbsup:

So was there a scientific plan behind the brace you made or did you just build the strongest one you could?

Regards,

Rob

Craig, you sir are a nutter. Looks good though!

Remind me to drive away as fast as (legally) possible if ever I see you with an air chisel in your mitts!

i always wanted a dual exit exhaust like the new RS4 ........now its back on my list