Few questions about B5 A4's

Corona

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a 2000 A4 1.8T and I have a few questions...

1. Are they rare to find with OEM HID?

2. When it comes to modding, what is a fairly priced turbo and\or chip upgrade and what are the usual results (power-wise)?

Thanks in advance

Corona,

I got my 2000 A4 last year, not sure about how rare it is to find one wit HIDs...mine didnt come with them. I upgraded my ECU with an APR chip here in the states. The mod was supposed to give a gain of about 40 horses to the 150 stock.

I haven't dynoed it, but the power can be felt throughout the entire rpm range. It is a very smooth ride and for a few hundred dollars, it's well worth the upgrade. Next I'm lookin to get the HID upgrade-too bad i couldn't find one with them already.

If I can't find an A4 with HID then I was considering buying a TT but I'm not sure yet. I want to drive both and then see how I feel.

As for the HID, I had an Integra GS-R with a HID kit in it with halogen projectors. The beam pattern does not provide a good spread of light and it doesn't have the cool flicker for oncoming traffic.

My Integra was stolen on sunday 3/28/04, the 2nd honda of mine to be stolen within 2 years so I am moving on to european cars.

I am interested in seeing what exactly changed in models in the A4. My buddy has a 97 1.8T but his tail lights look different than the newer B5's. I saw that 2000,2001+ had a white\clear strip on the tail lights. Do you know what else is different between models off hand?

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Can't believe your choosing a car based on headlights

[/ QUOTE ]

haha-I suggest that you just get the TT since you can afford either one

I'm not really basing my whole purchase decision on HID's but it's a feature that I definitely want. If I find a good deal on one without HID, I won't hesitate to buy it. I could always buy OEM HID A4 headlights and put in a HID kit.

I've been thinking alot and am trying to decide between the 1.8T A4 or the TT 225 hp. Also whether or not I want Quattro since, from what I've read, the FWD have a limited slip.

Since the TT I want is 225 hp already, is it still modable? I'm not looking for any sick power but I wouldn't mind an extra few ponies that I could milk out with a ecu chip or whatever.

What year was the 225hp TT first offered?

Sorry for the newbieness guys, I've been with Honda's for the last 5 years.