What tyre size can i use?

Randomjim

Reaction score
I'm getting close to needing 2 new front tyres. At the moment i'm running 225/40/18s but as my car is very low it rubs when i'm cornering sharply. What tyre size can i use that's not as wide but keeps the rolling radius the same?

195's would look a bit daft and cost you a bomb, i think 215's would be a good compromise.

My wheels are 8" wide so i think 195 would be a bit thin. 215/40/18 looks like my best bet. Unfortunately they don't seem to do them in the tyres i've got at the moment so they won't match the backs.

225's shouldn't rub on a B5.

If you keep the ride height to a practical level, you should even be able to run 235's.

Siena said:
225's shouldn't rub on a B5.

If you keep the ride height to a practical level, you should even be able to run 235's.

Correct. But mines not at a practical level ha ha. Plan is to go for slimmer tyres then drop it down at the front another 10mm or so.

Randomjim said:
Correct. But mines not at a practical level ha ha. Plan is to go for slimmer tyres then drop it down at the front another 10mm or so.

And wonder why your front track control arms don't last long, or why handling suffers.

Question though - why exactly do you have your car than low? Not a critism, just curious.

Haven't had any problems with track control arms yet and its been this low for nearly 2 years. The handling is amazing, so much grip. I've push it as far to the limit that i'm comfortable doing and no sign of letting go.

I don't know why i have it so low really, it can bit a pain in the *** sometimes because it scrapes on everything but i love the looks it gets.

I lifted mine to stop the rubing and found the car handled better. She still gets the looks so thats good by me

if you still want it low and keep the tyres just roll the inner lip of the arch at the point it rubs if not change tyres to 215 35 18