Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can advise...

I've just had the car back from MOT and while it took a bit of maintenance/repair work to get through it did...

Overall the car's doing well, in a smidge under a year it's done over 60,000 miles so naturally some wear and tear items have needed replacing.

It's just had front discs and pads, and near-side CV boot.

Shortly before Christmas it had cambelt (kit), water pump, rear pads and all eight arms at the front.

It's come back from MOT with a couple of advisories...

Firstly - the off-side CV boot is probably going to need doing soon (why they didn't do it at the same time is beyond me), but that's straightforward enough...

The other is that the rear lower suspension bushes are worn, not dead yet, but will need to be done soon...

My question then is this...

Is this a job I can tackle myself easily enough, and do I need completely new arms, or can I just get bushes from somewhere?

Thanks in advance...

Rob

You can get the bushes on their own. I've never done the job myself, but i've seen some write-ups which suggest that it's doable if you have the patience.

Apparently the old bushes can be a ****** to get out.

To give you an idea on price, I've just had four bushes replaced on my rear arms on my S4 and the parts came to £45 (inc.VAT).

Ordinarily I'd be unhappy to say it's not Quattro, but I guess in the case it'll make life easier. It's FWD...

Regards,

Rob

Thats an 5/10 DIY job then, just make sure the new ones are facing the right way and you are golden

Cheers guys!

I'll track down some bushes and have a crack next week then! :)

I 'd been wondering if there was something getting worn at the back as with big bumps I've noticed the odd knock - couldn't make my mind up if it was that or the big socket set I have in the boot!

Regards,

Rob

Iirc i cut my old ones out and pushed my new ones back in with some exhaust pipe and some stud bar to pull it in. I think they were arounf £20 a side