Daft question

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I had my rear screen become unbonded at the bottom edge causing it to bang and rattle. It took a bit of finding but thats what it was. I took to it with construction silicone and its fine now. However i wasnt very neat with where i squirted the stuff and have smears of it stuck on the screen , does anyone know an eay way to remove this residue???

:respekt: :respekt: :respekt:

Tried that, got the worst, but now its too close to the heater elements etc. I thought a chemical of some kind. I tried carb cleaner, the results were not the best,lol

have to becareful with what chemicals you use on the screen as it could either possibly etch/damage the glass or even cause the heater element to come unbonded from the glass.

i would try the scraper option and just be very careful

should of claimed on the insurance and got it done ;-)

my new screen has a defect so i need another one now.

i guess the unbonding thing is a audi defect as i know 4 people now it has happened to.

I would try claiming but just this week had my screen done to get rid of a horrible chip and swap to a grey tint instead of green at the top.

I guess i need to grin and bear it ill next payday when it accidently breaks then, its just i have a roof spoiler bonded on mine, GGGRR what a pain

yeah i was annoyed when i managed to get mine out in one piece, no breakages, then new one fitted. only to find new one has to come out which will probably break and leave glass all over my back seats etc. i still have original audi one if you need it, only downside is one of the heated element leads broke off where it is soldered to the screen, but i'm sure you can take one off and resolder. also has car phone aerial on it. sounds like you won't need it though,.

not long to remap day.

I cant wait,also hence the rush to stop her looking so rough on the day

I WANT MORE POWER !! he he he he

You can get silicone eater but it makes a right ****** mess.