Anyone considering an uprated clutch in the next few months?

jcb

Reaction score
What are you considering?

Anyone who is interested, I can get Southbend clutches and Flywheels for 10-15% off depending on the package.

PM me if interested

Might be interested in this fella!!

Not sure I need something thats gonna handle neary 300 bhp but still drivable round town as my missus uses the car too and she wont be happy with a paddle LOL

i am i am

but i need it before march as im going on the audi sport rolling road day

i want there light flywheel and a good clutch ofe maybe

i was going to try out the f1 racing 6 puck and flywheel for the price it might be worth it

basically I have started distributing them in the UK.
Shipping is USPS direct from factory, takes 7-10 days (usually 5 working)
prices paid in Sterling £ converted on the day of payment from the dollar price at whatever the exchange rate is on the day, saves you getting stiffed by paypal on rate and fees. I paid paypal first time round and they gave me 5% less dollars for my money and then shafted southbend to withdraw their money!

discount ranges from 10-15% depending on product (lower level stage 3 or 4 clutch only is 10%, stage 5 with l/w fw and cryo is 15%)

Stage 3 products tend to have a torque limit of around 300-330 dependant on application.
Stage 4 has a higher clamping load and will take torque up to 450.
Stage 5 shoppers probably know what they want already!

I have a Stage 4 SS OFE clutch on an OEM f/w (I want the driveability of the dual mass and no transmission noise that the l/w flywheels give).
I am putting it on a 2l 20v with GT2971 running between 350 and whatever I can squeeze out of it! stage 3 won't work for me.

they have a range of friction plate designs from sprung full disc,sprung puck style to hard core unsprung puck.

They also now do a steel single mass OEM "style" lightened flywheel.
Cryo treatment is $40 on pretty much anything

check out the web for products, happy to pass on any help I can

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/

either PM me or if you want a faster response email me at ed@ersg.com

i need something along the specs of yours, jcb, soon. i need new flywheel and want a single mass job, i'm still unconvinced about alloy flywheels being no good, as we have fitted them to numerous cars over the years, but not an audi. i will research on the yank forums soon,.

once the pennies are in, i'll give you a shout.

Southbend do a steel single mass wheel which doesn't appear to give the same amount of noise at the alloy ones.

ring AMD if you want some nightmar stories of alloy flywheels

what sort of stories, i don't mind noise, however if it is other problems i will mind. after looking at your link i am tempted by southbend. i trust your decission as well, as it seems you do your research.

christ, someone trusts me!

I was doing the same thing and when I spoke to the guys at AMD he said he had a pile of them in the corner from big turbo builds (300+bhp)

if you search through vwvrotex the US BT boys have complained that the friction discs either wear prematurely or come off completely on Fidanza and spec aluminium flywheels 9friction discs is held on with rivets or screws IIRC) few pics if you search.

Andy
Southbend do S4 clutches too , look for catalogue link and search for A4 or S4

Well I am hopefully going to get to fit my clutch next week.

So I will let you guys know what it is like after. Thats if my mate has a spare ramp on either wed or thurs.

standard audi ones work as the bolt spacing and size is identical. would replace as a matter of course though. same with head bolts.

putting in an order tomorrow/saturday if anyone wants to jump on the order wagon.

pm or email me for payment details

import tax is not included but if I remember correctly Soupie didn't get stung when his arrived a couple of weeks ago, may have to PM him to check.
It come USPS rather than a courier (much more expensive). USPS is just like the Post Office here, they are not set up to collect import tax AFAIK.

I will update when my other order gets here, should be next couple of days
cheers

expecting to put another order through on Monday next week if anyone is interested.

Received my clutch today - well and truly stung for import and VAT, £69.70 :asskicking:
Probably best to factor into the cost...:rolleyes:

i also got stung to a sum of 114 quid import tax so so gutted but i fitted the clutch and flywheel friday night sat morning and if pulls so much better great bit of kit

also you need short flywheel bolts which dobt come with the flywheel so i had to cut down some new audi ones.

cheers jcb for ur help

regards

craig

no problem, sorry about the tax,
can't really control that bit but seems steep.

glad it does what it says on the tin, they really are well made and seem to produce great results

Yeah they are pretty good. I have a B7 A4 for the week and its clutch is like my old one. Was so strange going back to a soft, high bite pedal. Felt like the pedal was never going to come up under your foot.

Hi there could you PM me with a price for a stage 4 kit for the OEM flywheel?

Very interseted in one of these clutches, but just found out that my engine (APU) has a single fly wheel as standard. Does anyone know what the spec is on the original single mass flywheel and if there is an advantage to going to a SBC one?