Boot only works from fob :-s

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? My central locking pump went, and i replaced it, coded all keys etc. But now my boot will not open using the switches on the actual tailgate. Only way i can open my boot now is by pressing and holding remote.
All help or ideas will be very much appreciated.

First thing to do, is make sure the micro switches are connected. If they are, make sure there's power going to them.

i have the same problem. they havent worked since i got the car.

i am going to take my boot lining out at the weekend and check i have power to the switches. i assume the wires break somewhere?

this seems to be an increasingly common problem by the looks of things (atleast 2 threads in the past 2 pages)

taken my boot liner out, it was all connected, and the multi meter showed 10.5+ volts at the switch, and shorting the two wires triggerd the boot latch, so it must be the switch.

will take the rear 'plinth' off and see if its fixable, or if its a new switch jobby. i will take pics as i go.

why did audi bother making all the locks nuematic and almost silent then fit a really loud electric boot lock mechanism.... :think:

if you replace the switch, remember to order and replace the sponge gaskets around both switch connector apertures and the 4 mounting bolts too. They're not expensive, and they help keep it watertight. The original gaskets will have shrunk or deteriorated so can't be re-used easily each time you remove the handle assembly.

will do, to be honest, it is probably ingress of water thats caused the failure of the switch as there looks to be a rusty mark on the inside of the number plate light lense.

sounds the same as mine then. What happens is that the switch pins rust off inside the connector and cause a mess. Order up some new terminals and a connector too so that it can all be re-soldered and made good i guess.