Clearing condensation from inside light clusters

Blue_Thunder

Reaction score
Picked my car up over the weekend after 3 months sitting in a yard waiting to be sorted.

When I picked it up I've noticed loads of condensation on the inside of one of my front indicators.

Can anyone think of a good way of clearing the condensation out prior to finding where the 'leak' is and sealing it?

Would love to put some facelift lights in, but just can't justify the cost at the moment.

take them out if possible and put them in airing cupboard overnight, or use hairdryer on them for a while after getting as much water out as possible. if continues to happen replace rubber seals/silicon seal if possible

Was thinking that was going to be the best course of action.

I'll give it a go when I get the chance and let you know how I get on.

Blue_Thunder said:
Would love to put some facelift lights in, but just can't justify the cost at the moment.

If you do end up fitting Genuine Valeo facelift lights lights just be aware that they do suffer from condensation in the type of muggy weather that we've been having recently......
I was mortified that very soon after fitting facelift Valeos to my car the lights were misting up ever so slightly; a quick search on the 'net showed that it was enough of an issue that in 2000 Audi issued a bulletin to its dealers saying these lights were vented and that minor condensation inside was inevitable.
They stated putting the headlights on for 10 minutes would generate enough heat to drive the water vapour out and that mist inside the headlamps was not a legitimate reason for replacement under warranty........