Fitting a parrot

auroan

Reaction score
Website
www.dkwracing.uk
Anyone fitted a parrot (hands free kit)to their B5 A4 ? Specifically a CK 31K ?

Just wondered if you did anything with the iso adaptors ?

straight forward just needs a CTTUNN001 from connects2 or just fit it and find the tel mute on headunit and splice into that

depending on car may need ignition feed from buzz bar under steering column

I'm running an alpine headunit. I take it the iso harness doen't have an switch ignition feed ? Also what do you mean by buzz bar ?

oh and its a 96 2.6

does your alpine turn off with ignition ,if so its plug and play ,wire the mute lead to the att off the alpine , the buzz bar is the main feed bar with relays and stuff under the steering column it has a ignition point just need a ring connector to it

Nope, thats the problem I have at the mo with the alpine unit. When I installed it there seemed to be two perm lives on the iso block but no ignition, it was only put in temp until my parrot kit arrived.

So looks like I'll have to fashion an ignition feed from somewhere then.

yep that buzz bar is the easiest to use as you wont have to spice any cables etc

OK. So I take apart the dash, and what do I find .........

main.php

Looks like someone had a car kit in before and has wired up to the bus bar. Now my mutlimeter has gone walk about so can some one confirm my guess at what each connection is ?

1. Earth
2. Perm Live
3. Switched live

Cheers

LOL ...... Here's the thing; They go to the end of a chopped wire, which is a bit dodgy... so I isolated them to stop any possible damage.

True, but I've left them on as I'm going to re-use the connections with the fuses, just took the fuses out thats all.

Well I found my screwdriver LED thingy and checked the bus bar. My guess was correct, oh and soupie... you were right on x75, it's another switched 12v.

Here's the dash all taken apart;

Bonus as well, I managed to fix my flickering climate panel.

you dont really need all that out to fit a parrot or are you doing other stuff short shift etc

I was doing a whole host of things. I don't like working in cluttered environments, so the whole lot came out so I could do as professional install as possible.

The climate panel came out so I could fix the flickering, and the glove box came out so I could mount the parrot control box behind it. I also fitted a proper i-dock into the little loose change box in the dash.