Badger5JMB Retrofits
    6th Gear

Status

Fitting a parrot

Anyone fitted a parrot (hands free kit)to their B5 A4 ? Specifically a CK 31K ?

Just wondered if you did anything with the iso adaptors ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    straight forward just needs a CTTUNN001 from connects2 or just fit it and find the tel mute on headunit and splice into that

depending on car may need ignition feed from buzz bar under steering column
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

6th Gear

Status
    I'm running an alpine headunit. I take it the iso harness doen't have an switch ignition feed ? Also what do you mean by buzz bar ?

oh and its a 96 2.6

4th Gear

Status
    does your alpine turn off with ignition ,if so its plug and play ,wire the mute lead to the att off the alpine , the buzz bar is the main feed bar with relays and stuff under the steering column it has a ignition point just need a ring connector to it
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

6th Gear

Status
    Nope, thats the problem I have at the mo with the alpine unit. When I installed it there seemed to be two perm lives on the iso block but no ignition, it was only put in temp until my parrot kit arrived.

So looks like I'll have to fashion an ignition feed from somewhere then.

4th Gear

Status
    yep that buzz bar is the easiest to use as you wont have to spice any cables etc

6th Gear

Status
    OK. So I take apart the dash, and what do I find .........

Looks like someone had a car kit in before and has wired up to the bus bar. Now my mutlimeter has gone walk about so can some one confirm my guess at what each connection is ?

1. Earth
    2. Perm Live
    3. Switched live

Cheers

Owner

Status
    Have you followed where those have gone to?

I am sure x75 from memory is the ignition wire.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    LOL ...... Here's the thing; They go to the end of a chopped wire, which is a bit dodgy... so I isolated them to stop any possible damage.
    Last edited by auroan; 24th January 2008 at 20:52.

Owner

Status
    I would just unscrew the nuts and remove them from the car.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    True, but I've left them on as I'm going to re-use the connections with the fuses, just took the fuses out thats all.

4th Gear

Status
    sorry for calling it the buzz bar lol

6th Gear

Status
    Well I found my screwdriver LED thingy and checked the bus bar. My guess was correct, oh and soupie... you were right on x75, it's another switched 12v.

Here's the dash all taken apart;

Bonus as well, I managed to fix my flickering climate panel.
    Last edited by auroan; 26th January 2008 at 08:40.

Owner

Status
    Gosh a fair bit removed there!!
    A4 1.8T Quattro

4th Gear

Status
    you dont really need all that out to fit a parrot or are you doing other stuff short shift etc

6th Gear

Status
    I was doing a whole host of things. I don't like working in cluttered environments, so the whole lot came out so I could do as professional install as possible.

The climate panel came out so I could fix the flickering, and the glove box came out so I could mount the parrot control box behind it. I also fitted a proper i-dock into the little loose change box in the dash.

Clog
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan
    Well I found my screwdriver LED thingy and checked the bus bar. My guess was correct, oh and soupie... you were right on x75, it's another switched 12v.

Here's the dash all taken apart;

Bonus as well, I managed to fix my flickering climate panel.
    Looks like the b* parrot flew off before you fitted it!!