Help! - B5 A4 2.6Q Running faster than normal?

BLP

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an Audi A4 2.6Q and for the last couple of days it appears to be running faster (noticeably), usually around 3000rpm and in every gear, but most noticeably whilst flooring it in first.

Any Ideas?

Couple of points: Both the clutch and steering rack are knackered which are getting replaced next week but I dont think these would really affect it.

Because its happening at the same sort of time it could just be that its working fine now and hasnt been for the past 10 months, rather than there actually being a problem? - he hopes.... or does this signify a possible serious problem like fuel injector issues?

Any help much appreciated.

Ben.

and the MPG on the comp remains the same,

Anyone got any ideas?

What do you mean "running faster" - do you mean the car is quicker than before or are you talking about idle speed or something else?
Why would you think you have a problem if the car seems a lot quicker than before?
I can't think of one problem that would make the car quicker, unless parts of it are rusting off and making the car lighter!

Sorry guys my mistake, yeah the car is actually driving faster - quite noticeably - mean anything to anyone?

Hmm, the 2.6 150PS is not fast, doesn't feel much brisker than the 1.8 20V n/a cars. If it's noticeably quicker, I'd worry.

Get her checked out - if the camshaft/s timing has shifted, due to a slack / worn belt, and it's advanced itself in the process, it would pick up more at the bottom / mid-range, but will run out of puff at the top.

Thats weird cause my 2.6 FWD feels a lot better than the 1.8 NAs that I test drove. It's such a smooth torquy engine.

Your right its considerably faster and torquier than the 1.8 n/a cars, I have had both, its the same BHP as the 1.8T, althought the 1.8T is understandably much preferred. All good cars anyway...

Ben.