Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: S4 Coilovers

  1. #1
    nemo2182's Avatar
    Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    110

    S4 Coilovers

    Hello,
    Put a post up last week regarding S4 Coilovers. And im sure you lot are bored of me going on about it, but problem is im goin mad with which to buy!!Realistically, my budget is 600-700.I was sold when looking at the FK's, but I keep seeing horror stories about the adjuster ring seizing. Now is it true that the top of the range versions are stainless steel?I've also looked at the Weitec's, but for the same money, these are non-adjustable damping. I also looked at the KW's, but they start to creep out of my budget. Basically I want a good shock that is firm but not harsh, and I want it to last and not rust or seize the adjuster ring. I like the current ride of the standard shocks, but the car does roll abit in corners, probably due to the age and technology of the old shocks. Please Help!!!

    Nathan

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo2182
    Hello,
    Put a post up last week regarding S4 Coilovers. And im sure you lot are bored of me going on about it, but problem is im goin mad with which to buy!!Realistically, my budget is 600-700.I was sold when looking at the FK's, but I keep seeing horror stories about the adjuster ring seizing. Now is it true that the top of the range versions are stainless steel?I've also looked at the Weitec's, but for the same money, these are non-adjustable damping. I also looked at the KW's, but they start to creep out of my budget. Basically I want a good shock that is firm but not harsh, and I want it to last and not rust or seize the adjuster ring. I like the current ride of the standard shocks, but the car does roll abit in corners, probably due to the age and technology of the old shocks. Please Help!!!

    Nathan
    Try anti roll bars first. They should level you out in corners without affecting
    the ride too much. It doesn't make much sense to me to do coilovers
    without ARBs.
    MY2000 Audi S4
    Ebony Pearl
    CXRacing FMIC
    RS4 Downpipes
    RS4 brakes
    Miltek Dual
    Vogtland CO
    K04's
    Lowered CR & MRC Magic......
    (RS4 ICs 4 sale - check classifed)

  4. #3
    nemo2182's Avatar
    Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    110
    Cheers for that, I will do them as well at some point, but real reason for the coilovers is the fact my car sits so hight and makes 18" wheels look tiny because there is so much room left in the arch.

    Nathan

  5. #4
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,291

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    Go for the Weitec's, you won't regret it!
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  6. #5
    Blue_Thunder's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,693
    You could get H&R lowering springs and ARBs for half the price and satisy both of your needs.

    I got a set of H&R arbs (with the thick rear) for £250 from www.ebay.de and they were awesome, even with my 9 year old standard suspension.
    Mo power, mo problems

  7. #6
    billybravo's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    stockport england
    Posts
    1,044
    even stainless steel will start seizing you need to apply wax oil to the coilovers before installing them this will stop it happening.

    just ppl dont install them right and just go for the quick in job.

    if thats your budet you might want to look at K-sport, but like said before the jamex coilovers which i have fitted to mine are not harsh and are really well built for the money.

    TopGear Stockport / Longlife Exhausts /
    www.TopGearStockport.co.uk

  8. #7
    andybnwc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    lancashire
    Posts
    744
    I got KWs on my s4 and love them , never had a problem with them seizing i also have weitecs on my other car and the quality of both are really good both seem hard when very very low but at a nice drop are fine
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by billybravo
    even stainless steel will start seizing you need to apply wax oil to the coilovers before installing them this will stop it happening.

    just ppl dont install them right and just go for the quick in job.

    if thats your budet you might want to look at K-sport, but like said before the jamex coilovers which i have fitted to mine are not harsh and are really well built for the money.
    Where can you get Jamex for an S4 (or even quattro)???
    MY2000 Audi S4
    Ebony Pearl
    CXRacing FMIC
    RS4 Downpipes
    RS4 brakes
    Miltek Dual
    Vogtland CO
    K04's
    Lowered CR & MRC Magic......
    (RS4 ICs 4 sale - check classifed)

  10. #9
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26
    kw all the way ... here "europerformance" item no KW-15210032 about 100 less than anywhere else. and they seem to be price fixed, ive looked in germany too, so this is good. ( do you no better?)

    Verian 2 ... nice adjustable rebound, will be good not to hard if you dont want

    Fully stainless, NICE.

    go fo it, worth the 100 extra on your budget. if you can beat that price post it on here.

    dont put jamex on the S

    thx

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    102
    KW are my preferred choice as well (Innox). However, don't have the beans
    at the moment. I think I will actually go for Vogtland coilovers.
    MY2000 Audi S4
    Ebony Pearl
    CXRacing FMIC
    RS4 Downpipes
    RS4 brakes
    Miltek Dual
    Vogtland CO
    K04's
    Lowered CR & MRC Magic......
    (RS4 ICs 4 sale - check classifed)

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26
    the Kw link I posted, they are 830 I think. the Vogtland coilovers I have seen are more?


    thanks

  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    102
    You can get Vogtlands for 560 from Germany.
    MY2000 Audi S4
    Ebony Pearl
    CXRacing FMIC
    RS4 Downpipes
    RS4 brakes
    Miltek Dual
    Vogtland CO
    K04's
    Lowered CR & MRC Magic......
    (RS4 ICs 4 sale - check classifed)

  15. #14
    nemo2182's Avatar
    Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    110
    But what Coilovers are best built for the 600-800 budget????I want shocks that are going to last and adjustment rings not seize! Who do Stainless Struts???

    Jonnya,
    Do you have a link for these vogtlands Coilovers?

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo2182
    But what Coilovers are best built for the 600-800 budget????I want shocks that are going to last and adjustment rings not seize! Who do Stainless Struts???

    Jonnya,
    Do you have a link for these vogtlands Coilovers?
    Not really. You can search around.

    If you want stainless struts then the KW Innox are probably your best bet
    and should be within your budget.
    MY2000 Audi S4
    Ebony Pearl
    CXRacing FMIC
    RS4 Downpipes
    RS4 brakes
    Miltek Dual
    Vogtland CO
    K04's
    Lowered CR & MRC Magic......
    (RS4 ICs 4 sale - check classifed)

  17. #16
    jcb
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    4,077
    I got KW v3's at just under a grand(£950) IIRC, they were only £100 more than the v2's and they were a couple of hundred more than the v1's.

    they shouldn't seize if you keep em clean and are excellent quality

    speak to Stewart at www.K300performance.co.uk 0161 355 1275
    they were much cheaper than everywhere else including europerformance, (who sell v3's at £1043+shipping)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO