S4 Coilovers

nemo2182

Reaction score
Hello,
Put a post up last week regarding S4 Coilovers. And im sure you lot are bored of me going on about it, but problem is im goin mad with which to buy!!Realistically, my budget is £600-700.I was sold when looking at the FK's, but I keep seeing horror stories about the adjuster ring seizing. Now is it true that the top of the range versions are stainless steel?I've also looked at the Weitec's, but for the same money, these are non-adjustable damping. I also looked at the KW's, but they start to creep out of my budget. Basically I want a good shock that is firm but not harsh, and I want it to last and not rust or seize the adjuster ring. I like the current ride of the standard shocks, but the car does roll abit in corners, probably due to the age and technology of the old shocks. Please Help!!!

Nathan

nemo2182 said:
Hello,
Put a post up last week regarding S4 Coilovers. And im sure you lot are bored of me going on about it, but problem is im goin mad with which to buy!!Realistically, my budget is £600-700.I was sold when looking at the FK's, but I keep seeing horror stories about the adjuster ring seizing. Now is it true that the top of the range versions are stainless steel?I've also looked at the Weitec's, but for the same money, these are non-adjustable damping. I also looked at the KW's, but they start to creep out of my budget. Basically I want a good shock that is firm but not harsh, and I want it to last and not rust or seize the adjuster ring. I like the current ride of the standard shocks, but the car does roll abit in corners, probably due to the age and technology of the old shocks. Please Help!!!

Nathan

Try anti roll bars first. They should level you out in corners without affecting
the ride too much. It doesn't make much sense to me to do coilovers
without ARBs.

Cheers for that, I will do them as well at some point, but real reason for the coilovers is the fact my car sits so hight and makes 18" wheels look tiny because there is so much room left in the arch.

Nathan

You could get H&R lowering springs and ARBs for half the price and satisy both of your needs.

I got a set of H&R arbs (with the thick rear) for £250 from www.ebay.de and they were awesome, even with my 9 year old standard suspension.

even stainless steel will start seizing you need to apply wax oil to the coilovers before installing them this will stop it happening.

just ppl dont install them right and just go for the quick in job.

if thats your budet you might want to look at K-sport, but like said before the jamex coilovers which i have fitted to mine are not harsh and are really well built for the money.

I got KWs on my s4 and love them , never had a problem with them seizing i also have weitecs on my other car and the quality of both are really good both seem hard when very very low but at a nice drop are fine

billybravo said:
even stainless steel will start seizing you need to apply wax oil to the coilovers before installing them this will stop it happening.

just ppl dont install them right and just go for the quick in job.

if thats your budet you might want to look at K-sport, but like said before the jamex coilovers which i have fitted to mine are not harsh and are really well built for the money.

Where can you get Jamex for an S4 (or even quattro)???

kw all the way ... here "europerformance" item no KW-15210032 about 100 less than anywhere else. and they seem to be price fixed, ive looked in germany too, so this is good. ( do you no better?)

Verian 2 ... nice adjustable rebound, will be good not to hard if you dont want

Fully stainless, NICE.

go fo it, worth the 100 extra on your budget. if you can beat that price post it on here.

dont put jamex on the S

thx

KW are my preferred choice as well (Innox). However, don't have the beans
at the moment. I think I will actually go for Vogtland coilovers.

the Kw link I posted, they are 830 I think. the Vogtland coilovers I have seen are more?

thanks

But what Coilovers are best built for the £600-800 budget????I want shocks that are going to last and adjustment rings not seize! Who do Stainless Struts???

Jonnya,
Do you have a link for these vogtlands Coilovers?

nemo2182 said:
But what Coilovers are best built for the £600-800 budget????I want shocks that are going to last and adjustment rings not seize! Who do Stainless Struts???

Jonnya,
Do you have a link for these vogtlands Coilovers?

Not really. You can search around.

If you want stainless struts then the KW Innox are probably your best bet
and should be within your budget.

I got KW v3's at just under a grand(£950) IIRC, they were only £100 more than the v2's and they were a couple of hundred more than the v1's.

they shouldn't seize if you keep em clean and are excellent quality

speak to Stewart at www.K300performance.co.uk 0161 355 1275
they were much cheaper than everywhere else including europerformance, (who sell v3's at £1043+shipping)