interior question

Adam-D

Reaction score
how hard is it to change the panneling on the doors and especially the dash

my a4 estate has wood trim on the doors and the dash, i would like to change it, looking at on in the scrapyard the door ones unclip when the card is off.

but the dash i dont know how to change it.
any ideas?

and does anyone have a full set for sale by any chance? i would like carbon or alu if poss??

thanks

you have to pull most of the dash out the center consol needs to come out as there is one clip right in the middle.

have you thought about getting them painted ? i did mine in a gloss black and it turned out very well if you search you should find my post somewhere

As mentioned above,all door panels obviously need to come off , for the dash trims you have to remove the glovebox,lower panels underneath steering column and to get at the trim across dash above the radio the handbrake and gearlever surround and climate control panel all need loosening/moving out of the way....
Its the above radio trim that causes all the work, lol, I took about 4-5 hrs (taking my time) changing all mine one sunny day last summer.
As the trims (especially on dash) are held on by viciously tough spring steel clips and access is awkward to them be prepared for the air to turn blue whilst you do the job..........

Nessy is right, i did mine in a few hours, but i think my car is held together with velcro, i take it apart that much