Car feels weird at motorway speeds

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
Only just noticed this, its weird because I just got it back from a major service a week ago today.

It drives smooth at normal speeds but at motorway speeds it feels harsh, its really hard to explain but it feels grainy if that makes any sense!? It could just be me or it could have something to do with the wet, the power is still there it pulls fine but it doesnt feel as smooth as when I first got it.

Just wondering if anyone has experianced anything similar?

Also, when I come off the power and its still in gear I get a jerk unless I take the power away really smoothly, at first I thought it was me getting used to an AWD transmission but now I am not so sure as the two problems could be related as the jerk is more apparant at motorway speeds in 5th

Thanks

Hiya mate i would advise you to get it VAG-Com to see if any codes have been save to the ecu for faults if your in the stockport area anytime soon i will do it for you.

by the way do you know little ant ??

he was saying that ur on here and to say hello

regards

craig

It was plugged in last week, no codes found!

I think its just me but not sure, could be something as simple as a wheel needing balancing I suppose.

Yeah I know of little ant, drives a yellow M3, used to have a CRX a while back, I used to work with his girlfriend at toyota too, at least I think she was his girlfriend could be wrong. I still see him sometimes around where I work so ill give him a flash (of the headlight kind!)

The 'jerk' could be worn engine or gearbox mounts.

If you've got a 1.8T, could also be a sign of a duff DV or N75. If that's what you have, it would be worth checking the vacuum hoses connected to those parts first to check for loose hoses or leaks.

lol, that guy has to much cash, he had a mint RX7 for all of 5 minutes last year!

Blue_Thunder said:
The 'jerk' could be worn engine or gearbox mounts.

If you've got a 1.8T, could also be a sign of a duff DV or N75. If that's what you have, it would be worth checking the vacuum hoses connected to those parts first to check for loose hoses or leaks.

Hi mate, thanks for this ill mention it when my car goes back in. However it has just had a major service and I have the check sheet and literally covers everything these guys went through it with a fine tooth combe looking for faults and found a couple of minor ones that I am aware of and so thats why I dont understand it, the car does pull soundly though, no tell tale signs of a boost leak, like I say though i will mention it

Thanks again:icon_thumright:

Most places don't check routinely for boost leaks(unless you ask them).

I certainly know that my local Audi dealership don't. I had a healthcheck done at a local independant literally within days of an Audi 80,000 mile (major) service when I first got the car and they found both DV's had perished and a small boost leak.

Cool, well, not cool but you know what I mean! I will defo mention it when it goes in. Does a boost leak not throw codes up though? It was only last thursday when it was plugged in