Bleep Bleep Bleep, and more Bleeps!

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
God damn mother f*****, some idiot has just reversed up my street to avoid arrest and caught the front end of my car. Drivers side wing is completely writ off, suspension has collapsed, alloy has been obliterated, driver door doesnt sit right so suspecting damage to front pillar. All this because of a suspected under 18 yold was avoiding being arrested, so he decided to reverse the 4x4 up the street scraping some old guys Citreon Xsara, thats sitting pretty well compared to my poor ol audi :(
Anyway the **** has sped off and has abandoned the 4x4 in a cul de sac and done a runner.

Gutted as gutted gets, thats 3 times on this street Ive had damage to my beloved Audi`s, two other occasions being front and rear windscreen damage to my first Audi 80. I wonder if its the colour red that attracts these little bast***s to do this as both Audi`s have been flash red.

Now I have the lovely prospect of phoning elephant and getting my courtesy car which will most probably be a worse drive than my beloved Audi.

wow thats crap, lets hope you catch him before the police then you can give him a stiff talking to about his behaviour if you get my drift

makes my moan about kids that caught trying to nick my audi valve caps seem very ****** petty

Turbo Lag FTW said:
God damn mother f*****, some idiot has just reversed up my street to avoid arrest and caught the front end of my car. Drivers side wing is completely writ off, suspension has collapsed, alloy has been obliterated, driver door doesnt sit right so suspecting damage to front pillar. :(

Gosh, sounds Like some pretty structural damage was done! I hope it doesn't get written off as a result.

How fast was this dude reversing? Must have been fairly fast to cause that much damage!!

Thats terrible mate so sorry, as for the little mother that did it he should be shot!!!!

If the scrote is ever caught can you not bring your own cival case against him for damages or losses arising out of this whch are not covered by your insurance. Seems absolutely crazy that people like this can get away without having to pay some sort of redress for their actions, most likely he will get a slap on the wrist and be let off.

tiger727272 said:
If the scrote is ever caught can you not bring your own cival case against him for damages or losses arising out of this.

he will claim he is on benefit can;t afford it and will end up paying 50p a week for the next 35 years.....seen it happen

Have you thought about claiming through the MIB (motor insurers bureau). These are the people I had to deal with when my S2 got wrote off by some *** who had proably just come out the pub on a Friday dinner afetr having a few too many. He shunted me in the back so hard it bent the floor of the boot and wrote the car off, then proceeded to race off never to be seen again. The MIB are there to protect you against this type of thing.

How to make a claim under the Untraced Drivers' Agreement
The Untraced Drivers' Agreement 2003 includes compensation for property damage resulting from accidents occurring on or after 14 February 2003.

Please take the following steps before making a claim

· Make a formal report of the incident to the Police, the Agreement requires you to do this within 14 days of the accident occurring or for damage to property within 5 days.

· Make enquiries to see if you can identify the driver, check any given details with the Police, try making contact with the motorist in person, and/or tracing the registered keeper via DVLA and contacting him.

· If you cannot identify the driver make inquiries to see of you can identify the vehicle involved through any registration number you have been given or any passer-by has recorded.

· Contact your own insurers. Your insurance policy requires all accidents to be reported and your insurers may be able to trace the other party's or his/her insurers. Your insurer also has access to the Motor Insurance Database which may contain details of the motorist's insurers.

· Claims for property damage must be made within 9 months of the accident date and a £300 excess applies.

· Personal injury claims must be made within 3 years of the date of the accident.

also here is the link to the site http://www.mib.org.uk/MIB/en/Claims/Default.htm

· From Submit a Claim you can select either to download an MIB Claim Form, which you can print out, complete by hand and post to MIB, or to fill in your details online and submit your claim to MIB. You should provide as much information as you can about the incident.

Hi guys, the car is still under evaluation for repairs. Seems likely they gonna write it off. The guy that collected the car believes the body can be repaired but its the damage to the suspension and driveshaft that may tip the scales. Due to the expensive nature of Audi parts it may make the insurance company refuse repairs.

Also a family member has been doing a little research, and its been discovered that it wasnt a young driver like that the WPC suggested but a fella that has recently been released from prison for driving while disqualified and possible drug charges as he is known to be a dealer in my area. So I now know he wont have insurance and Im more than likely gonna lose my no claims discount.

But the more I think about it the more angered I feel in the fact that the WPC lied to me about it not being a pursuit, reason being that I asked why he was reversing down the street in the first place, the response I got was he was avoiding arrest. I then asked if it was a pursuit and was told no by the WPC, I still couldnt make sense and asked her again that if he was avoiding arrest he must of been in pursuit and I was told no again. Neighbour down the road this morning told me it was indeed a pursuit and that the PC taking statement told him so. So Carlisle police station is definately on my list to do tomorrow morning. I`m personally looking forward to gettin off this street as I cannot take anymore damage to my beloved Audi`s.

Also I`m gutted that I will probably never get a car like her again if it is indeed wrote off. So I`m guessing that I will have to get a A4 TDI till the day I can afford another 1.8T.
Anyway I will keep you guys posted and hopefully some good news will prevail from this living hell.

That's crap, really sorry about what's happened.

The same kind of thing happened to my sister, when two people who were evading the police, came round at a junction on the wrong side of the road, mounted the pavement, and then went head on into my sisters car.

However, get this. The moron officer who turned up to get the details of the accident, decided in his report, that it was my sister to blame as her car was over the center markers, so said she was on the wrong side of the road and the insurers refused to pay out. Even though there was a witness in my sisters car, a driver behind who stopped, and a passer by! She's now having to pay for this numpties decision with the loss of her no claims, and no comp for her injuries and loss of holiday