Carbon Boot lids

billybravo

Reaction score
Website
www.topgearstockport.com
Hello all is anybody intrested in carbon boot lids im in talks with mike over at audizine who has just made these in euro fitment so you can still use your std number plate.

the boots come in at $675 / 342.101 GBP a carbon boot lid with glass frame or for an extra $150 it can be fully carbon

DTH_B5_EuroTrunk-10.jpg

DTH_B5_EuroTrunk-11.jpg

DTH_B5_EuroTrunk-06.jpg

DTH_B5_EuroTrunk-04.jpg

if anybody is intrested i will need to take money up front and the shipping will be combined with who ever wants one

regards

craig

You better add it the pre-face lift boot and not the face lift unit as they are different and you will have to use your original boot button open/number plate light section in the carbon boot.

I like that.

Billybravo, any chance of carbonfibre M3-style boot lip spoilers for the B5 saloon?

oooh they look nice, can't warrant getting one for mine, but the quality looks top notch from the photos.

not a big fan of carbon look unless on black car.

was considering carbon body panels and spray them silver to match car as far as weight concerns, but i don't want to strip out interior so seems little point.

thats lush...think this carbon craving will catch on....boot lid, bonnet, the boot lip mentioned above (although ebay link doesnt work anymore? :() B Pillars, splitter.... on a black saloon so shouldnt be too ott...

are these boots still available?

I haven't checked but are those CF boot lids available for the facelift A4? I might be tempted to buy one.

that is nice... wonder if you can get carbon roof skins? :eek:

tbh i wouldnt even consider a carbon roof skin. The cars roof is an integral part of the unibodys strength, and seen as you cant exactly weld the carbon skin to the existing structure after you;ve removed the steel roof you'll have seriously reduced the strenght of the bodyshell.

very good point aragorn an i'd have the very same concern although i'd also love a carbon roof! very CSL! wouldnt you need the be pretty carefully that the weave/pattern in the carbon fibre 'skin' vaguely matched the real CF of the other parts?

Billybravo i assume all/any CF parts supplies by yuor supplier would all be the same weave/pattern??

very tempted!!

is this still available? if so i would be interested in one within the next few months:D

tbh i wouldnt even consider a carbon roof skin. The cars roof is an integral part of the unibodys strength, and seen as you cant exactly weld the carbon skin to the existing structure after you;ve removed the steel roof you'll have seriously reduced the strenght of the bodyshell.

Not really correct!
I´ve done a carbon fibre roof replacement on my B6 Avant and it works just fine...
The metal roof skin doesn´t give the car it´s structural strenght.
That is stricktly a job for the "cross braces"
The sheet metall is more or less just to stop you from getting wet in rain... :p

/Fidde

anyone still got a link for an m3 style lip spoiler? I have my sport one but its not what i want....i like a ducktail csl type or like the monaro type..?