S4 Coilovers

nemo2182

Reaction score
Help!!!!
Im bored of my B5 S4 looking like its running 15" rims, even though its on 18"s. I want the wheels to fill the arches but not sacrifice the ride and throw the speedo out 2much. Now I was thinking about getting 19"s, but im expecting that will look like a tractor without lowering the car. Can someone help me and give me some options of coilover kits available. Im not looking to spend thousands, just get the car dropped at least 40mm and not ruin the ride. Will the car look ok dropped with 18"s?or shall I go the whole hog and get 19"s aswell?? I did look at a few other posts and FK, Weitec and Koni come up alot, but I want pros and cons of which to get?? Any help would be appreciated.

Nathan

I'm also interested to hear what the resident 'know it alls' have to say about this. Once the 18's go on I was just going to drop mine 40mm with springs. Coilovers seem a bit too pricey for my poor student budget.

i will have alook at work tomorrow and see what i can do for you i have jamex coilover fitted to my 1.8T and i love them the only down side is you cant ajust the dampening.

KW make some really nice stuff and are top dog's in my eyes but to pricey.

K-Sport on the other hand have started making stuff for us vags now as well so i will see what there kit is like if it's anything like a crx kit they do then i would have these over the kw's all day long.

craig

Top of the range FK's will do the job and are great value for the money, as for rims you don't want to go 19" as they will make the ride very hard.

18" on the B5's is the best size for our cars and 19" for the B6.

18's look fine when it's dropped. Think 19's look a little OTT on the S4 to be honest. Although saying that, one of the guys over on RS246 got some 19" Gallardo reps and they looked amazing...

SmoothAssault said:
you sure they're not photoshopped? Something doesn't look quite right to me, centre caps appear to me perfectly level, what are the chances of that happening!?

Nope, i've seen lots of photos of his car. There was also a whole thread about them on RS246.

You can get those wheels brand new on eBay for £550, cheaper if you only want 18's.

I have 18" OEM RS6's on a b5 running KW v3's with a 35-40mm drop. looks perfect, 19's would look a bit too much if you ask me

I have 18's on my S4 Avant with a 35-40mm drop but I still think it needs 19's coz the car is so long. I've seen an S4 avant B5 with 19" BBS LMs and it looks sweet!!!