Valuation Required for A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

A4TQSports

Reaction score
Hi,

The time has nearly come that I need a bigger car than my cherished A4 (to carry about my expanding family). I'm sorting out what to replace it with but need to know what I might expect to get for the Audi. So, any ideas on what this is worth would be greatly appreciated.

It is an:
Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport (B5) (Originally 180 bhp) June 1999 (T)
43,000 miles. Full Audi service history. Cam belt done 5000 miles ago. No expense spared on maintenance. Silver with Black Nappa half leather seats. Extra's such as headlamp washer jets and automatically diming mirrors. All alloys refurbished by Audi 2 years ago back to original condition. Vredestein Sportrac II's on the front (about half worn)
and Ultrac's on the back (almost new). It has the original Audi boot spoiler and a Tracker Retrieve fitted.

Averages 25-26mpg around town and up to 37-38mpg on the motorway.
Just over one year ago I had the AMD Stage II Remap with Resonated Milltek exhaust fitted. Dyno measured power/torque at 221bhp/226lb ft. (Wish I'd have done it earlier as it made a huge difference. It is much more sporty to drive and has a nice subtle exhaust note which isn't intrusive).

All documentation (manuals/radio code/AMD documentation/brochures/bills) and three remote keys + two non remote spares.

Basically, it is in the same virtually as new condition as it was 8 years ago (1 previous owner who owned it for 9 months / 13,000 miles). I don't think there are many used ones around like this.

Cheers,
R

you have any pics? sounds nice! sold mine for £4,250 last summer (miss it now!) was v reg but more miles and less spec though. would have thought yours is worth £5,000+

Sadly, 1.8T Sport quattro have dropped in price, a lot.

There was a silver 1.8T Sport quattro for sale, not far from me, last November. It was up for £1,950 ono, on a W registeration.

1998 S4's can be had now for as low as £5,500, even an Avant model.

4 k tops , it depend how long you are willing to wait etc. There are people that will pay extra for the exact right spec etc

wow, things have changed! seems like i sold at the right time then, got more than i paid for it too! an s4 at that sort of price is tempting, wish i could afford to run one! i now have a nice w reg polo gti for the daily commute. would still like to see some pics if you have any.

Sorry dont agree with the comments here but I may be biased

I bought mine in December last year, 55K miles and full history on a W 2000

Firstly I wish anyone who pays 5.5K for an S4 the very best of luck, you are going to need it!

When I bought my 1.8TQS I had been looking for over a month and most cars were overpriced and high miles, typical example 90K mile car for around £5.5K

Mine was advertised at £4995, HPI mentioned market value was £5495, I paid £4700 at the end

I agree they have fallen in price a fair bit, but not by as much as being made out here, I spent every day on the auto trader looking for a car and was particulary interested in one of these as I wanted to try AWD after owning FWD and RWD cars and I found one which I was pleased with and believe I got a bargain

Thanks for the posts. I think it will be a wrench to sell it as its a great car. I'll get some photo's sorted out when I get some free time (and a day when its not raining!). I reckon if I got something like £4-4.5k I'd be happy with that. I'm still waiting on the dealer to find me my next one so I'm not in any desperate hurry..

Bong Water, an S4 for £5,500, bought by someone mechanically minded wouldn't be a problem at all!

I never buy cars to keep standard. All car's I've bought since 1996, I've bought with modifying in mind, so an S4 with a lot of miles would hold no fears for me. The engine would be coming out, to be re-built to my spec. The same would apply to a 1.8T quattro Sport, I'd probably remove the I4, and replace it with a 4.2V8, which is my plan, once I've finished building my RS4 sedan.

So, please don't take offence, if I say 1.8TQS can be had for a lot less than you'd imagine now. I'm a qualified automobile engineer, and the silver 2000 car I looked at last year, was in great shape, save for a stone-chipped bonnet leading edge, which I'd have had painted for £200.

One thing to note is, paying a premium on a car over another does NOT guarantee trouble-free motoring. You could spend a lot on a car, and still have issues, in the same way you could pay very little for a high-miler, and have the car reliable to the point of boredom!

Shikena!