EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: A GOOD MOAN

3rd Gear

Status

Angry A GOOD MOAN

Ok sorry but i have to get this off my chest. I purchased my 1996 audi a4 after searching for miles and weeks about a year ago. After traveling about 40miles to look at the car i test drove it everything seemed fine. my dad a mechanic and gave it once over. it had 2 days before i got it had a full mot etc done on car. I BOUGHT IT. On the way home on the A1 the car jsut lost all power all dashboard went off etc.....pulled over and found battery terminal was knackered. we get the car home and now i will list ALL its faults

1. cambelt had bin fitted incorrectly and cause damage to pulleys and trims....new cambelt fitted correctly
    2.leaking brake lines
    3. bulge in nearside Tyre size of 50P coin
    4 INCORRECT size tyres fitted to car
    5. ALL disks so rusty only a inch of clean disk left
    6. cv gaitors on front split
    7. breather hsoe to turbo split
    8. All wheels missing 1X locking wheel nut
    9. All wheels seized on with remaining bolts
    10. wheel bearings recently replaced and had RUBBER grease put on
    11. incorrect pads fitted to car
    12.Dashboard lighting 7 bulbs blown

AND THIS CAR PASSED ITS MOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE WHEELS COULDNT EVEN GET OFF THE CAR SO HOWS THAT POSSIBLE!!!!
    Modified primera :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    now current problems............knackered suspension arms front right, the NEW cv gaitors fitted 4 month back 1 split, oil temp sender had it, all springs rusting(then again that good excuse to get sports suspesion), new exhaust quiter than a mouse, got a major leak in boot from top of boot SOMEWHERE i had a lake of ice the other day im my little tray in corner,and the a go above 75mph my car soooooooooooo noisy it like bin in a wind tunnel

Will design for mods

Status
    Find out where the car had it's MOT and get on to them about it. They might fix the faults for free in fear of loosing their licence.

My car was MOTed before I bought it, a few days later I took it to audi to get an airbag light to go away, they said my brake flexis were ****ed and needed replacing. Thinking they we just trying to screw me for some extra cash, I smugly informed them it had only just passed an MOT a couple of days ago so they must be mistaken. They stuck to their guns, contacted the dealer where I bought it, then contacted the MOT garage. Shortly after they gave me a call saying the MOT place was sending them the new flexis and would also be paying for them to be fitted; by audi. RESULT!

It's always worth chasing these things up, you having nothing to lose and a whole load of free parts and labour to gain.

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

3rd Gear

Status
    YES well i did contact the motc center to do with complaints etc when i first noticed the tyre size but they cant do any thing about that because the garage can you just turn round and say wheret the proof i didnt change the wheels over after they had it in. any wasys it too late she nearly sorted now.

Status
    Well the brake line leaking is the major one and I would report them if they are not prepared to sort this out plus with all the faults you have found I would say they would get slaughtered.
    But I would also have to say you did not look the car over too well to miss all these things.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

2nd Gear

Status
    sounds like you didnt check the car very well not to notice some of those faults

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDI TURBO
    1. cambelt had bin fitted incorrectly and cause damage to pulleys and trims....new cambelt fitted correctly
    2.leaking brake lines
    3. bulge in nearside Tyre size of 50P coin
    4 INCORRECT size tyres fitted to car
    5. ALL disks so rusty only a inch of clean disk left
    6. cv gaitors on front split
    7. breather hsoe to turbo split
    8. All wheels missing 1X locking wheel nut
    9. All wheels seized on with remaining bolts
    10. wheel bearings recently replaced and had RUBBER grease put on
    11. incorrect pads fitted to car
    12.Dashboard lighting 7 bulbs blown
    Not wanting to insult or anything like that, but did you inspect this car at all before purchase? Most of these should've been pretty simple to spot whilst looking round the car.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Status
    3, 4, 5, 8 and 12 should have been pretty obvious when you looked at the car. Considering these issues you walk away.
    Sorry not very helpful, but I'm no mechanic but would have checked the above at least, for nothing more than to knock the price down.

Will design for mods

Status
    Don't be so hard on the guy, I'm sure he gave all 4 of the tyres a good kick before he handed over his cash hahaha!

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

3rd Gear

Status
    feel sorry for you , but if you looked at the car and didn't notice some of these i feel concerned. as some of them look fairly easy to see.

cambelt misfitted, front suspension arms are common faults on these.

it looks to me like the car has been very poorly maintained in the past. i personally would have walked to start with.

now you are on the forum, i'm sure we can all help you out on getting it sorted though. i must admit i bought my car a bit blind, but this forum has helped me out no end on getting stuff done.
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

3rd Gear

Status
    no maybe I wrote that abit evil.To be fair i bought the car with known it had tyre fault and the cambelt i would change as standard but....... as for the other faults they developed very soon after buying it plus it was hasty desion cos i really fell in love with it when saw it and i know for a fact he had a buyer for it plus it was cheaper than the rest i looked at.. dont regret it now very nice car