BioDiesel in B5 A4s

DieselVin

Reaction score
as title, do they go together?

ran it in my 97 ibiza TDi 90 for the last couple of years and had no problems
are the A4 110s a similar engine?

i thought the bio diesel was just a more envo friendly version of diesel that worked in any car ?

by me its refined rapeseed oil but 70p/lite so having switched cars ive had to get used to paying £1+ and im not happy

I'm interested in this too actually... I've got a late 98 TDi and I'm using a LOT of fuel at the moment; was wondering how well it'd cope with bio...

Regards,

Rob.

assuming the engine of a 97 ibiza 1.9 tdi and a 97 1.9 a4 tdi are similar id be itd run fine

mine will get its first tankfull this weekend and after the second one if all goes well ill change the fuel filter and that will be that

Just a quick supplemental to this...

I've just read: http://www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/approvals.htm

The second paragraph is quite interesting! :)

I'll be interested to know how you get on with your trial at the weekend and would be grateful if you could let me know...

I'm sorely tempted to put my first tank in too. I've done over 50,000 miles this year and while the reduction in cost is obviously a consideration I'm also quite conscious of the fact that somewhere there's a polar-bear balancing on an ice-cube and it's all my fault!

Regards,

Rob.

Hi, I've been running 100% bio for the last three months (approx 2.5 to 3k) , and haven't had any problems. I would advise that you change the fuel filter after about two tanks worth, as the bio acts as a cleaner to the normal derv, so any crap that is in the tank and lines will get caught in there. Otherwise it has been fine in the cold etc :)