Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Remote woes and new member Hellos

hello all im the new proud owner of a b5 1997 a4 1.9tdi having just traded my ibiza 1.9tdi in after 3 years as it was dropping to bits

i absolutely love this car, however it has no remote central locking

i put my codes into here

(wont let me post URL until i post more)

and remote central locking isnt shown, is there anything i can do as i really cant live without a remote

all i got with it was a OEM key with a light on and a third party spare

thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

Will design for mods

Status
    I'm not one of the experts around here, but I had the same issue with my old fiat punto. I just bought a kick ass clifford concept 650 alarm that came with remote locking, and a whole host of other goodies. You could do that, but someone else might know of a better OEM option if you want to keep things stock.

Welcome to the forum =]

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

Status
    Yes you need either a remote c/l kit, or better still a half decent alarm. It will give you a radio blipper, which will activate both the central locking, audi feeble alarm and it's own alarm/interior sensors etc. It should also provide full closure as a programmable option

Neutral

Status
    sound, ive looked at some aftermarket kits but they all say they wont work if the car already has central locking which it has

i didnt have a remote for my ibiza but i just bought one and programmed it and it worked

cant understand why would have central locking and no remote, was it a really expensive extra?

4th Gear

Status
    you can still fit an alarm to central locking , i think what they are refering to is the remote central locking and transponder chip ,which would need fixing behind the ignition otherwise the original immobiliser will stop the car from starting thats all
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Neutral

Status
    Ah, i get ya now

i dont mind using a separate key and remote ive done it for years already lol

this look any good? or can anyone recommend any?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Keyless-Entry-...QQcmdZViewItem

Neutral

Status
    these look a bit better but im still fumbling in the dark...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-KEYLE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ype=osi_widget
    are these things hard to install?
    Last edited by DieselVin; 4th January 2008 at 16:29.

4th Gear

Status
    to be honest you will get a cat 1 full alarm system fitted for £200 where abouts you from?
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Neutral

Status
    west midlands bud, the black country

4th Gear

Status
    i dont know any down there but im sure someone can sort you out for the same money

Neutral

Status
    cool ill have a nosey

might try the bottom kit as its only 20quid first