Brake upgrade's for A4 TDI's

redevo1

Reaction score
Right my brakes are going to need some cash spending on them and before I did I was wondering if there's any upgrades off more powerful Audis that bolt straght on? S4's etc:hi:

how much cash do you have?

Don't want to spend silly money just if I'm going to have to get new disk's etc wondered if there's any more powerful models brakes that may fit and would start looking around at breakers etc?
A bit like the gti6's brakes can be upgraded with the 406 v6's brembo's and Cav GSI can be replaced by the cav V6 brakes in a direct replacement?
Is there any interchangeable one's in the b5 range?

i think you can convert over to 312mm disks with new caliper carriers like you do on the 1.8t. Carriers about £90 new from vagparts.com (can try 2nd hand, not sure what they are off, maybe a seat leon, again not sure). can't remember which disks you need, i think b6 3.2 quattro disks off the top of my head, someone else will be able to help. Soupie has done it i think.

You can use the TT carriers then the A6 disks at 312 you can get some nice ones from EBC of the zimmerman type from GSF are aslo quite good. All in about 200+ if you get second hand carriers they can be about 100+ depending on where you get them :)

Markey said:
You can use the TT carriers then the A6 disks at 312 you can get some nice ones from EBC of the zimmerman type from GSF are aslo quite good. All in about 200+ if you get second hand carriers they can be about 100+ depending on where you get them :)

Does it matter which model TT the carries are off? Do models have the same brakes? 180bhp, 225BHP and the V6 versions have the same brake carrier's? Ta for the info:happy:

redevo1 said:
Does it matter which model TT the carries are off? Do models have the same brakes? 180bhp, 225BHP and the V6 versions have the same brake carrier's? Ta for the info:happy:

Now you got me i think the 180 and the 225 have the same size carriers if you ring up a breakers and ask they will tell you, when i ordered them i dont remember specifying which model.