NEW JETEX EXHAUST FITTED

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
Got my new stainless steel jetex exhaust fitted now. it looks so SWEET. but.......................... apart from when under hard acceleration it does sound slighly different and a nice throaty sound when booted BUT there is hardly no db increase under idle or under hard acceleration?? i cant under stand why it hasnt got a little louder. i understand that i dont want it to sound like a nova with a bean can on bak but we all like a little noise??? .....dont we?? What really knarked me was a sort of forgot to tighten 1 bolt and well the center box came away from back box so i had to drive to my parents to repair and to my dissapointment my parents thought it sounded better like that than it was when it was all joined!!!!!!!!!! and to be onest it did have a real good sound!:motz:

i know it wont help now but you could of maybe had a custom made system then you could have stated how loud or quiet you wanted it.

im very pleased with mine from mij, ill try to get some video / photos posted ive not had time or the weather to go out and polish the car first

My supersprint is quiter than i had hoped. De-cat makes it louder though.

remove centre box it makes a big difference oh topgear stockport i have a business card appear next to my computer at car audio centre manchester?

AUDI TURBO said:
Got my new stainless steel jetex exhaust fitted now. it looks so SWEET. but.......................... apart from when under hard acceleration it does sound slighly different and a nice throaty sound when booted BUT there is hardly no db increase under idle or under hard acceleration?? i cant under stand why it hasnt got a little louder. i understand that i dont want it to sound like a nova with a bean can on bak but we all like a little noise??? .....dont we?? What really knarked me was a sort of forgot to tighten 1 bolt and well the center box came away from back box so i had to drive to my parents to repair and to my dissapointment my parents thought it sounded better like that than it was when it was all joined!!!!!!!!!! and to be onest it did have a real good sound!:motz:

I had one once on my Golf MrkII and had to get them to put it back on the ramp to make sure they had fitted it as it was so quite.

so remove center box and will be louder but still sound good?? dont want chavy!!!!!!!

Jetex systems are top quality and they've always fitted well and given good power gains on the cars I've had them on in the past. However, they're renound for being the 'quiet performer'. They used to have it as a marketing slogan till they realised that people are more interested in making things louder than the performance increase.

just to point out you get the best sound ever when you floor it but it would be nice a slightly louder tone under normal driving or when blip throttle

well remove the centre box and just stick the back box onto the join under the car this will give a good idea of how it will sound , but i dont think it will sound chavy cause the turbo makes things a little quieter too and doesnt really give the same sound as a 1 litre 4 pot rasper