Chris NottEM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

Angry NEW JETEX EXHAUST FITTED

Got my new stainless steel jetex exhaust fitted now. it looks so SWEET. but.......................... apart from when under hard acceleration it does sound slighly different and a nice throaty sound when booted BUT there is hardly no db increase under idle or under hard acceleration?? i cant under stand why it hasnt got a little louder. i understand that i dont want it to sound like a nova with a bean can on bak but we all like a little noise??? .....dont we?? What really knarked me was a sort of forgot to tighten 1 bolt and well the center box came away from back box so i had to drive to my parents to repair and to my dissapointment my parents thought it sounded better like that than it was when it was all joined!!!!!!!!!! and to be onest it did have a real good sound!
    Modified primera :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    i know it wont help now but you could of maybe had a custom made system then you could have stated how loud or quiet you wanted it.

im very pleased with mine from mij, ill try to get some video / photos posted ive not had time or the weather to go out and polish the car first

6th Gear

Status
    My supersprint is quiter than i had hoped. De-cat makes it louder though.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

3rd Gear

Status
    got decat on it

3rd Gear

Status
    maybe have to in summer sort of remove middle box.........

Status
    where abouts in yorkshire are you if your near stockport any time soon give us a bell and i will weld in a new stainless pipe for you for around 70 to 8- pound.

cheers

craig
    www.topgearstockport.com

TopGear Stockport / Longlife Exhausts /
    www.TopGearStockport.co.uk

4th Gear

Status
    remove centre box it makes a big difference oh topgear stockport i have a business card appear next to my computer at car audio centre manchester?
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDI TURBO
    Got my new stainless steel jetex exhaust fitted now. it looks so SWEET. but.......................... apart from when under hard acceleration it does sound slighly different and a nice throaty sound when booted BUT there is hardly no db increase under idle or under hard acceleration?? i cant under stand why it hasnt got a little louder. i understand that i dont want it to sound like a nova with a bean can on bak but we all like a little noise??? .....dont we?? What really knarked me was a sort of forgot to tighten 1 bolt and well the center box came away from back box so i had to drive to my parents to repair and to my dissapointment my parents thought it sounded better like that than it was when it was all joined!!!!!!!!!! and to be onest it did have a real good sound!
    I had one once on my Golf MrkII and had to get them to put it back on the ramp to make sure they had fitted it as it was so quite.
    Last edited by docurley; 2nd January 2008 at 16:43.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andybnwc
    remove centre box it makes a big difference oh topgear stockport i have a business card appear next to my computer at car audio centre manchester?

lol yeah we popped in a few weeks ago i used you use ur shop many years ago.

TopGear Stockport / Longlife Exhausts /
    www.TopGearStockport.co.uk

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Cool, this is just what I want to hear. I've got a Jetex ready to fit to my car, and I don't want it to be loud at all.

3rd Gear

Status
    so remove center box and will be louder but still sound good?? dont want chavy!!!!!!!

hud at ye bam

Status
    Jetex systems are top quality and they've always fitted well and given good power gains on the cars I've had them on in the past. However, they're renound for being the 'quiet performer'. They used to have it as a marketing slogan till they realised that people are more interested in making things louder than the performance increase.
    [/sarcasm]

3rd Gear

Status
    BUT how loud would it be.......... not chavvy

3rd Gear

Status
    dont want to sound like a corsa with bean can on back

3rd Gear

Status
    just to point out you get the best sound ever when you floor it but it would be nice a slightly louder tone under normal driving or when blip throttle

4th Gear

Status
    well remove the centre box and just stick the back box onto the join under the car this will give a good idea of how it will sound , but i dont think it will sound chavy cause the turbo makes things a little quieter too and doesnt really give the same sound as a 1 litre 4 pot rasper
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

3rd Gear

Status
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dont know what to do