wet 2.8Q B5 A4

twostrokepower

Reaction score
hello any one had this PROBLEM iam at at loss as to how my rear drivers side foot well has just started to fill with water when it rains ,ive checked rear door rubber fine ,ive checked boot rubber,ive sat in car with back seat removed and carpets out when raining and and cant work out how or where its getting in ? any ideas anyone

hoping some out there mite no anwser or idea :keule:

The door drain holes can block and stop the water escaping.
Eventually so much water collects that it can leak through the door card. Try removing the door card to see if there is water inside.

Most likely your drain holes under the battery are blocked with leaves & mush, this causes an overflow behind the bulkhead which will leak into the cabin behind the carpets. Remove your battery and clear out all the sludge from both drain holes and you should be fine. Also removing the rubber grommets in the holes will prevent them getting blocked so easily in the future. I managed to bale out 5 litres from under my carpets, and it's a real pain as the foam on the carpets isn't sealed so just soaks it up.
DrainHolesB5.jpg

But that would cause wet carpets on the passenger side. Defo worth clearing out every so often though.

Eh? Don't think water behaves quite so logically. Mine was the passenger side, but it can be either depending on which drain hole is blocked, direction of rain, direction of car, angle of car etc etc. If you prise up the carpet you'll find it is soaked all the way from the front to the back, but it tends to gather at the back.

AndyMac said:
Mine was the passenger side. If you prise up the carpet you'll find it is soaked all the way from the front to the back, but it tends to gather at the back.

Yep, I had this problem too, mine was the passenger side. Took me forever to work out what was wrong, I wish I'd found this place sooner. =[

Mine was drivers side, water was gathering mainly in the back but was also wet in the front too like Andy said.

After cleaning out the 2 drain holes and taking a heat gun to the carpet all was well.

Hope this info helps.