some opinions please

mac1403

Reaction score
Have just been to have a look at this.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...DI&model=S4&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=60000

Nice looking car and has had some nice things done to it. There are reciepts for a full Miltek sytem and engine management upgrade....all done by Audi. There are no figures, but the garage reckon over 400BHP. Two things bother me about the car. The first is its an auto with paddle change. apart from driving my mothers C180 auto I have no experience of this at all....anyone got any experience or comments? Also its red which if it stays red is fine, but pink after a few years is not so good. Its also got 60K on the clock which is only 30K less than my 1.8TQS.

lastly what sort of price should I expect from my A4 1.8TQS with 94K (brilliant black, unmarked, miltek and cat, votex front and rear spoilers, bose, new tyres,refurbed wheels 3 months ago, half leather, awe boost gauge, simota induction kit, 8000 hids, forge dv, amd remap (229BHP)

I know extras don't add value, just trying to give you an idea of the car....

mac1403

I'm can't tell you anything about the possible new car, other than it certainly looks nice in the pictures! However, I bought a 2000 1.8TQS a few weeks ago. I't not mint, but pretty close, 105k, same spec as yours but completely standard with full Audi history (oh, and blue!). I paid £3200 for it, private sale. Yours is slightly lower mileage, so I'd advertise it at about £4k and take a reasonable offer.....

Hope this helps,
Simon

the car itself looks fantastic. Don't worry about the red paint turning pink. That only occurs when the paint is a Single coat system. Audi use a red basecoat and a clear laquer topcoat so the paint will not turn pink. Just keep it polished like any other car it will be fine.

As for paddle shift, i'm not a huge fan. Saying that the Audi auto box is pretty good. I had a A3 1.8T S line with the paddles, it was ok but needed more power. You would have no problem with the amount of power the S4 is pushing out but personally manual is the way to go.

I will be looking at it again this afternoon, with a test drive. at least that way i can see what the paddle shifts are like. The dealer provisionally offered 4K for mine as long as I leave everything on it. To be honest i would want 4K with a few things removed (Becker cascade pro with ipod and Awe boost gauge) Even with these things removed the car is still going to make money for him as its got a FASH, Miltek and cat 10K ago, AMD remap, refurbed wheels and brand new Goodyears.

Looks well nice. I would want a manual one though.

I dont think it will be 400bhp with a remap and a exhaust. Will probably be nearer 370.