Remote central locking kit from Vagparts.com

cloggs

Reaction score
Hi there,
Sorry to start my first post with a question, but I was hoping for some advice on the central locking kit from vagparts.com.
I've recently bought a '97 A4, but sadly it didn't come with remote central locking. Before I shell out for this kit, I wanted to know if anyone here has used it themselves, and if so, how did you get on with it? Alternatives seem quite fiddly or expensive, so this looks like a good bet?
Thanks.
Chris.

The kit is OK, the range is a bit poor. If you hold the lock button down and it will shut your windows and sunroof..

I've got 1 too and it is really good! Range is ridiculously good for first 10 presses, but then reduces to more than acceptable. One thing, if you alarm is set to beep to confirm you've armed it and that all doors are shut properly, you may find that you can't get it to beep if you lock it and then unlock it again and then lock!! I sometimes walk off and can't remember whether i did lock it and then unlock it and lock it again to check. But when you lock it again it doesn't activate the alarm. All you have to do is open a door again to reset it. Other than that it is brilliant!! Getting a '99 A4 tomorrow and that comes with a flip key which hopefully will have just as good range.

Yeah, a friend bought a 97 A4, but he had a flip key with his. I'm guessing it must have been a factory fit option, cos I have the exact same car, same model year, and I have a 'normal' key. :-(

Thanks for the feedback, I still haven't got round to purchasing it yet, but still intend to shortly!