Strange cnok from front right side..

kninio

Reaction score
I have a strange cnoking from the right side front even i have all control arms replace by brand new kit 2 months a go , and the sound come when i accelarete and some times when i slow down , its like something banging.. , could be the strut mount ? or what else can make those noises?

any help will be appreciated!

gearbox mounts changed too , 3 months ago , same with engine one... , could be the strut mounts?

Yes, very possible top mounts are worn.

Worn ARB link bars can also cause knocking!

arb link bars changed with the control arms :) i changed all at once , what is still worn the front engine stop mount , but i already bought it and i will change , but the sound is not coming from it i think cos i hear it from the right side.

about the strut mount is they comon to wear? what wear on them? maybe they were tired since long and i didnt know that? , how can i inspect it?

ive got a similar knock when on of gas in a right hand bend but got more important things to fix first lol

aha, but you didnt figure it out yet?, does the strut mount comon to fail and make such a noise?

Hi kninio, where did you get your kit from?

I puchaced a kit from ebay about 6months ago, fitted it up then about 2months after fittinf a knock could be heard from the front driverside.
it turned out that the washer had boken and fallen out, this was the new bolt and washer i got with the kit! i torqued all bolts to specified torque settings, must just have been a crap washer.
i put the original bolt back in and its been fine since, have a look, could be the same thing

i bought them from lemforder dealer in lebanon , no i figure it out its really the strunt mount cos when i am turning the sound come on , otherwise everything is fine :) , i will buy pair of strut mount and change them! , i had a rear end unstable in my car and today i changed the rear shock mounts and u cant believe what difference it made! so propably the fronts is also wear so i will change and inform you!

cheers all!