Badger5EM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Strange cnok from front right side..

I have a strange cnoking from the right side front even i have all control arms replace by brand new kit 2 months a go , and the sound come when i accelarete and some times when i slow down , its like something banging.. , could be the strut mount ? or what else can make those noises?

any help will be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Gearbox or engine mounts?

Neutral

Status
    gearbox mounts changed too , 3 months ago , same with engine one... , could be the strut mounts?

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, very possible top mounts are worn.

Worn ARB link bars can also cause knocking!

Neutral

Status
    arb link bars changed with the control arms i changed all at once , what is still worn the front engine stop mount , but i already bought it and i will change , but the sound is not coming from it i think cos i hear it from the right side.

about the strut mount is they comon to wear? what wear on them? maybe they were tired since long and i didnt know that? , how can i inspect it?

4th Gear

Status
    ive got a similar knock when on of gas in a right hand bend but got more important things to fix first lol
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Neutral

Status
    aha, but you didnt figure it out yet?, does the strut mount comon to fail and make such a noise?

Neutral

Status
    Hi kninio, where did you get your kit from?

I puchaced a kit from ebay about 6months ago, fitted it up then about 2months after fittinf a knock could be heard from the front driverside.
    it turned out that the washer had boken and fallen out, this was the new bolt and washer i got with the kit! i torqued all bolts to specified torque settings, must just have been a crap washer.
    i put the original bolt back in and its been fine since, have a look, could be the same thing

Neutral

Status
    i bought them from lemforder dealer in lebanon , no i figure it out its really the strunt mount cos when i am turning the sound come on , otherwise everything is fine , i will buy pair of strut mount and change them! , i had a rear end unstable in my car and today i changed the rear shock mounts and u cant believe what difference it made! so propably the fronts is also wear so i will change and inform you!

cheers all!